• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Thantos's Sculpting Log

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby IvenBach » November 7th, 2013, 9:40 pm

chaoticprime wrote:I freakin' hate the Neverending Story. The bases look great.

This is chaoticprime's problem. I knew I'd uncover it eventually. What's not to like about it?


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby chaoticprime » November 7th, 2013, 10:08 pm

IvenBach wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:I freakin' hate the Neverending Story. The bases look great.

This is chaoticprime's problem. I knew I'd uncover it eventually. What's not to like about it?


Does anyone here actually want me to go off on my anti-The Neverending Story rant?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby IvenBach » November 8th, 2013, 1:53 am

chaoticprime wrote:
IvenBach wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:I freakin' hate the Neverending Story. The bases look great.

This is chaoticprime's problem. I knew I'd uncover it eventually. What's not to like about it?


Does anyone here actually want me to go off on my anti-The Neverending Story rant?

If it's a rant I'd say keep it out of the Log forum, unless it's Thantos's rant.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby knightkrawler » November 8th, 2013, 8:06 am

Make a thread titled "The Neverending `The Neverending Story' Rant".
I'm vaguely interested. That's because I like rants.
To me, "Rant" is almost like a literary genre in and out of itself.
I'm a rant-reader and sometimes I also write little rant pieces.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby Spiky » November 8th, 2013, 11:35 am

Those bases look awesome. How dare you.

I'm now looking at my (nearly finished) base set and thinking about cutting all the mini's off their bases and popping them on these instead...


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Spiky

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 336
Images: 17
Joined: October 4th, 2012, 12:12 pm
Location: Swindon, U.K.
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby knightkrawler » November 8th, 2013, 11:47 am

I see myself confronted with the same conundrum. I bought thousands of round bases from the UK for really few quid.
Now Thantos walks along and serves me this.
I just don't know what to do.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5825
Images: 27
Joined: May 25th, 2012, 2:26 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby The Road Warrior » November 8th, 2013, 11:55 am

knightkrawler wrote:...I just don't know what to do.


Yes you do ;) (You're just not sure you can be bothered to do it?)
Image
Join in the community project.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior
 
Posts: 639
Joined: November 20th, 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby IvenBach » November 8th, 2013, 12:03 pm

The problem with making a decision is that once taken it seems there's always a better alternative that presents itself afterwards. Plan for backups!


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby chaoticprime » November 8th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Yeah, I just obtained a crapload of AHQ doors, too. Get both. Who cares. Its not like we're ever going to "win" at this. Anything for any excuse to keep going.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
User avatar
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1939
Images: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2013, 3:38 am
Location: Kansas City
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Thantos's Sculpting Log

Postby Thantos » November 8th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Yea you should totally get a set just in case you decide in the future you want everything on the official bases ;)

Bases released tomorrow. In the mean time - anyone care for a tunnel dragon? Quick WIP snap - minus the tail

Image
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
User avatar
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf
 
Posts: 782
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 6:28 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests