Sjeng wrote:Great, you've started painting!! Now take a breath, and a really fine brush, and try touching up some edges. Then, if you feel up to it, try highlights. That's simply using a slightly lighter shade of the base colour to touch up the elevated areas and edges. You can use the side of the brush for that. After that, apply a black wash over the chainmail and iron bits. Apply a brown wash over the leather bits. Then if you really feel adventurous, try an emblem on the shield and perhaps colour the lower parts of the helmet a darker metal (the 2 halves inside the elevated bands). Oh and perhaps a light wash over the fase (not the eyes) and hands for more shading.
Sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. You already did the most work
Keep it up!!
But I already did a wash over the chainmail bits... =(
For highlights can I just add some white to the base color? I don't have any other blues.
































