• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Purging... gauging interest

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » November 15th, 2023, 5:20 am

To be honest I hadn't considered the reverse side of the tiles, that is an additional complication!

I suppose at least enough of the blocked square ("bricks" style as opposed to "rubble" style) to fulfil at least the 8 single, 2 double requirements of the base game, which would leave my "rubble" style ones for use as rubble and if they happened to have skulls on the other side then that would be a win-win.

That said all of this is academic, if no one has any spare ones they are willing to part with, but at least I know what I'm looking now, thank you!
:skull: = one hit
:blackshield: = one hit & pushback
:whiteshield: = cancels one hit

HQ versions: "Original" - 1989 1st edition & 1990 2nd edition, "Remake" - 1990 NA remake & 2021 reprint

HQ Golden Rules
FAQs, Errata & Clarifications for the Original Editions
HQ Common Notification System

1BP = :goblin: :orc: :skeleton: :zombie:
2BP = :fimir: :mummy: :chaoswarrior:
3BP = :gargoyle:


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
User avatar
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: December 8th, 2013, 11:12 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby b_0 » November 15th, 2023, 12:09 pm

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:To be honest I hadn't considered the reverse side of the tiles, that is an additional complication!

I suppose at least enough of the blocked square ("bricks" style as opposed to "rubble" style) to fulfil at least the 8 single, 2 double requirements of the base game, which would leave my "rubble" style ones for use as rubble and if they happened to have skulls on the other side then that would be a win-win.

That said all of this is academic, if no one has any spare ones they are willing to part with, but at least I know what I'm looking now, thank you!


I may have spares, I just need to go through and count if I have enough for my game, expansions, and you. I'm suspecting I may have enough.

Though shipping to the UK is another question; I need to consider the details of how to position them in a regular envelope, as the US postal service tends to complain if anything substantial is in an envelope. They may classify a bulgy envelope as a package, no different than a box cost-wise, in which case the shipping may be close to $20 even for a small envelope with a few tiles. But, there may be a way to keep the tiles flat in an envelope so they don't bunch up, and then the shipping might be under $7 dollars.
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby b_0 » November 15th, 2023, 3:16 pm

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:To be honest I hadn't considered the reverse side of the tiles, that is an additional complication!
I suppose at least enough of the blocked square ("bricks" style as opposed to "rubble" style) to fulfil at least the 8 single, 2 double requirements of the base game, which would leave my "rubble" style ones for use as rubble and if they happened to have skulls on the other side then that would be a win-win.
That said all of this is academic, if no one has any spare ones they are willing to part with, but at least I know what I'm looking now, thank you!


I think I can spare 6 block/skull, 3 block/blank, 2 block/rubble, 1 block/pit, which is the 12 single tile blocks for the set, but you'd still need 2 double blocks. I wonder if the almost $7 shipping overseas I'd aim for is worth it to you.
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby lestodante » November 20th, 2023, 1:46 pm

I also missed this post till now, I have spare cards from EQP, curious to know, which spell where you missing?


Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Wrote an article for the Blog. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti
 
Posts: 2840
Images: 5
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 9:40 am
Location: Italy
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby Markus Darwath » November 20th, 2023, 5:19 pm

actually it turns out I was missing more than I thought. For some reason I got it in my head there were three Elf spells, just like 3 each of the elemental spells... so I actually only had 2 out of 8. b_0 has them now, I don't remember which ones they were.
User avatar
Markus Darwath

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior
 
Posts: 154
Joined: November 21st, 2022, 1:36 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby b_0 » November 20th, 2023, 5:39 pm

lestodante wrote:I also missed this post till now, I have spare cards from EQP, curious to know, which spell where you missing?


I'm missing these elf spells:
Deep Sleep
Disappear
Double Image
Hypnotic Blaze
Slow
Timestop
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » November 22nd, 2023, 5:38 am

Yes, I'd happily pay $7 shipping for that collection: 6 block/skull, 3 block/blank, 2 block/rubble, 1 block/pit, and would be interested in sending you something in return although your description of the perils of cross-pond shipping does put me off a little around the return journey as I wouldn't want to send you a few pieces that ends up costing $20!
:skull: = one hit
:blackshield: = one hit & pushback
:whiteshield: = cancels one hit

HQ versions: "Original" - 1989 1st edition & 1990 2nd edition, "Remake" - 1990 NA remake & 2021 reprint

HQ Golden Rules
FAQs, Errata & Clarifications for the Original Editions
HQ Common Notification System

1BP = :goblin: :orc: :skeleton: :zombie:
2BP = :fimir: :mummy: :chaoswarrior:
3BP = :gargoyle:


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog.
User avatar
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: December 8th, 2013, 11:12 am
Location: UK
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Purging... gauging interest

Postby b_0 » November 22nd, 2023, 6:39 pm

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:Yes, I'd happily pay $7 shipping for that collection: 6 block/skull, 3 block/blank, 2 block/rubble, 1 block/pit, and would be interested in sending you something in return although your description of the perils of cross-pond shipping does put me off a little around the return journey as I wouldn't want to send you a few pieces that ends up costing $20!

I've taken this discussion to PM
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Ye Olde Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests