• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

goblin standard bearer

Topics related to Battle Masters

goblin standard bearer

Postby b_0 » September 29th, 2023, 3:15 am

A goblin standard bearer:
Image
Image
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: goblin standard bearer

Postby yowiedemon » October 26th, 2023, 10:23 pm

Looks good. Is this stl. file available somewhere?
yowiedemon
 
Posts: 3
Joined: October 26th, 2023, 10:20 pm
Forum Language: British English

Re: goblin standard bearer

Postby b_0 » October 27th, 2023, 1:07 am

No. I was considering posting it on thingiverse as a remix of the 4 models I used for it but that's not been a priority. The edit of the face and belt buckle was my first attempt at 3d sculpting. I'm not sure if I would continue working on it. After printing it the same size as battle masters goblins, I noticed that the stitches are too small and have too small of a profile to really paint; on the print at that scale it looks more like a scar than stitches. If I don't post it I think I'd need to gather the info of the 4 models to credit them if I were to give it to anyone.
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: goblin standard bearer

Postby Kurgan » October 27th, 2023, 1:39 am

Cool, only thing is the possible weakness of the stick part. If that were made of wood or something and slotted in, instead?


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7112
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: goblin standard bearer

Postby b_0 » October 27th, 2023, 2:51 am

Kurgan wrote:Cool, only thing is the possible weakness of the stick part. If that were made of wood or something and slotted in, instead?

The weakness of that kind of part probably depends on the type of resin used. Some people mix a little bit (25%?) of siraya tenacious resin into regular resin to make things less brittle. I used water washable resin for the goblin standard bearer, which is more brittle than regular resin, and I haven't had a problem with that part yet. I'm not sure how to do what you suggest though, as I'm not skilled in 3d modelling.

Here are some images of the print primed:
Image
Image

I also started to try to draw a facial expression similar to one of the AHQ heroes onto someone's rough version of a dark world model:
Image
Last edited by b_0 on February 12th, 2024, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: goblin standard bearer

Postby b_0 » February 7th, 2024, 2:12 pm

I managed to paint some of the stitches, but not as many as are in the model.
gsbp4.JPG

Image
Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
b_0

Gargoyle
Gargoyle
 
Posts: 144
Images: 5
Joined: September 11th, 2023, 1:27 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member


Return to Battle Masters Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests