Page 1 of 2
We need new game boards!

Posted:
October 5th, 2010, 4:02 pm
by esotericrite
I think we should all try and submit what we can for new game boards. An outdoor environment would be nice and use tiles for buildings and structures. Something that we can use to bring a greater atmosphere of D&D. I got a great board from another site but it's not up anymore. It's called the sands of time game board or something. It's a very big file but I would love to share it with everyone if I can.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
October 5th, 2010, 5:04 pm
by drathe
You can find some new boards here:
http://www.naglfar.de/index.php?go=over ... =0&limit=9 (the Egyptian ones are really cool).
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 5272/39#39 (Biff's town board)
http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin ... 82073149/0 (new design layouts)
I too would like to see more boards of different types and styles.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
October 8th, 2010, 7:23 am
by Ethica
I'm rockin the modular system now. All my new quests are modular.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
October 12th, 2010, 6:56 pm
by esotericrite
Yea those sands boards are great, the others with grids are ok but lack the HQ "feel". I'd like to know who built the sands boards and get them to do some out doors ones too.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
October 13th, 2010, 2:04 am
by CaptainNeatoman
I'm still trying to get a team to play through all the basic quests with me. Some guys like to expand before they've finished the official stuff. Not me. I'm boring.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
November 10th, 2010, 9:13 am
by ken
How about an oilcloth version, so us foodies can give it a quick wipe down when our Healing Potions get up-ended in the heat of battle.

Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
November 10th, 2010, 10:59 am
by joec
I think the best idea is to make a piece of plexiglass with the proper grid on them, then create scenery mats for underneath. that way, you could still draw borders with dry erase markers, but it's really versatile in adding easy theming underneath to shine through.
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
November 11th, 2010, 4:39 am
by Tott
id like to see something more cityish or villagey (those arent real words are they?)
theres a slightly cynical part of me that wonders who goes around building all these dungeons? why do they always put a really big room in the middle for the boss to hang out in? how ever many are there? why do all bad guys wanna hang out underground in a dungeon? where are the toilets? is there not a single orc chieftan, champion of chaos, undead lord or evil wizard that wants to hang out in a nice hotel or castle or something?
Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
November 11th, 2010, 5:09 am
by ken
Tott wrote:id like to see something more cityish or villagey (those arent real words are they?)
theres a slightly cynical part of me that wonders who goes around building all these dungeons? why do they always put a really big room in the middle for the boss to hang out in? how ever many are there? why do all bad guys wanna hang out underground in a dungeon? where are the toilets? is there not a single orc chieftan, champion of chaos, undead lord or evil wizard that wants to hang out in a nice hotel or castle or something?
I guess you need to go to Advanced HQ or Warhammer Quest, where rooms & corridors are added/created on the roll of a dice. That way, you could create your own environment. (How's that for a long word).

Re: We need new game boards!

Posted:
November 11th, 2010, 8:01 am
by Tott
yeah the modular thing is different, but a bit too much hassle for my laziness to endure. there still just modular dungeons tho! just once can we set up a quest in a shopping mall. with toilets.