Page 1 of 2
Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 21st, 2016, 5:09 pm
by timbrwolf
What is the best way to print the custom made tiles, doors etc made by various users on the site? Every time I do so they either come out too big or too small?
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 22nd, 2016, 12:21 am
by Anderas
If you have Powerpoint, you can scale them exactly.
Any other layout tool will do, too.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 22nd, 2016, 7:02 pm
by timbrwolf
Should have Microsoft Power Point...also have photoshop elements...but that doesn't exactly help me. HOW do you scale them and how do you know that they need scaled before printing?
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 23rd, 2016, 7:38 am
by StratosVX
Photoshop has an option to have a ruler on the edges of your workspace so you can see the size of your images. I imagine Elements has the same thing. Turn that on and if the tiles are not the right size, use Control+T (Cmd+T on a Mac) to transform them to the right size. Make sure you hold down the shift button while you resize them so you don't change their aspect ratio.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 23rd, 2016, 7:59 am
by sajungzak
Gimp has a similar feature.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 23rd, 2016, 9:27 am
by knightkrawler
StratosVX wrote:I imagine Elements has the same thing.
It does. I have the German version, the English should have that raster view under the View tab, if it is called that way at all.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 23rd, 2016, 12:26 pm
by Anderas
Easiest way to have doors in the right size
is to order them at Zealot's
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 23rd, 2016, 4:12 pm
by timbrwolf
Not looking for doors...
looking to reprint the staircase tile which I am missing as well as print some other, custom made tiles from this site at the correct size.
I did manage to turn the ruler on....though couldn't figure out what to do with it. With or without the ruler though elements does list the width and height of the tile as being:
W: 1.373 in
H: 2.222 in
I have no idea what the correct width and height of a tile in heroquest IS though.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
July 30th, 2016, 6:19 pm
by Wolf
The way I do it is through word and Photoshop. I make sure every block is 100 pixels and line them up on a 850x1100 white background. Once I do that I make sure I stuff as much as I can (tiles wise) and then I save the image. Once I do that I open a Word document and make sure there are no margins and paste the picture to the Word Document. You can now print it on a regular piece of paper. After that I just glue it to a piece of foamboard.
Re: Printing Tiles from the site?

Posted:
August 5th, 2016, 6:11 pm
by timbrwolf
Thanks though that will only help in creating tiles won't it? I'm looking to print tiles already made....found on this site but at the correct ration. They are currently printing too big for me

Will see if can use that to adjust the size though *fingers crossed*