Page 1 of 1

Custom Modular Tiles

PostPosted: March 31st, 2016, 1:34 pm
by Nuadha
Thought I would share what I have been working on....
Image

Image

Made these using foam boards bought at Dollar Tree.

Re: Custom Modular Tiles

PostPosted: April 1st, 2016, 2:25 pm
by cornixt
How did you do the texture? Just cut through the paper layer?

Re: Custom Modular Tiles

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 10:28 am
by Nuadha
I removed the paper and glued to pieces together to give the pieces more strength. I then used the tip of a mechanical pencil to carve the squares in to the tiles.

Re: Custom Modular Tiles

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 12:14 pm
by QorDaq
Looking forward to seeing more of this project. In general I really like the 2.5D dungeon tiles I have seen around the web. Looks like you are off to a good start. I do see some potential challenges with the partial walls in HQ in terms of keeping a consistent look and remaining functional.

What are your thoughts and observations on the project so far?

maj!

Re: Custom Modular Tiles

PostPosted: June 26th, 2016, 10:54 pm
by Nebion
What paints did you use on these boards. I know you need be careful with some paints since can eat at the foam, or at least was told that.

Might be cool to actually make a full 3d HQ board, gives it a more..... present look.