Page 1 of 1

My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 6:18 am
by Agent240
DM Scotty's Tilescapes inspired the creation of these modular boards made from craft store 12" ×12" cork boards. The pillars are made from wooden bases and foam marshmallow shapes.

I tried to keep it simple and use different colors for rooms just like the original board. What do you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e7t9aubbksgdzbc/FB_IMG_1455554367143.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr5mxd3fw8n5yz8/FB_IMG_1455554522561.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9abd04h5hrexu1/IMG_20160215_174253.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ml5s6ourx8mkan/IMG_20160218_014130526.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77vvu67ozjlzmgh/IMG_20160218_014531800.jpg?dl=0

Re: My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 2:50 pm
by GlennM
Looks great, if you want to do smaller piallars in the wooden section of the store, they'll likely have little wooden spools, I like to use those. Glue two together with some round disks, it works great.

Re: My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 8:02 pm
by Agent240
For good measure, I purchased a bag of those.

Does anyone have an awesome idea for 3D doors? I like the Zealot ones but they are out of stock.

Re: My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 6:52 pm
by GlennM
YOu can look for precast Hirst Arts sets. I know I've seen a few, the ones that come in the water caverns set are particularly nice for freestanding doors.

Re: My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: April 15th, 2016, 6:51 pm
by Daedalus
As I recall, DM Scotty also did a tutorial for doors as well. Not interested? [Episodes 26 and 94 -edit]

Re: My HQ modular board tiles

PostPosted: April 16th, 2016, 12:04 am
by IvenBach
Simple and effective, DM Scotty strikes again.