Page 1 of 2

DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 1:46 am
by Decipher
I'm thinking about picking up a DragonQuest game board, has anyone used one in their HQ sessions? If so, what is your opinion of the board itself?

Image

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 3:30 pm
by StratosVX
Never played the game or seen the board until now. I definitely notice a lack of corridors on this board though.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 3:34 pm
by Goblin-King
Don't own it, but looks nice enough.

I don't really know what you are asking...? The board looks close enough to the style of HQ to not be a distraction, but you can see that for yourself.
Are you asking about the quality?

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 3:47 pm
by knightkrawler
I did own the game and re-sold it. The board, however, is very useful for castle themed quests.
It's already an option in HeroScribe, and I'd like to see some quests written for it.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 3:52 pm
by clmckay
I have the board, but have never used it for HQ yet. It's squares are a tad smaller than the regular HQ board - so I bet it'd get cramped pretty easy. Quality wise, it's a good board. It's got the slit that runs through the middle, so if you forget about that it'll swing around and knock you over when you unfold it. :)

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 4:09 pm
by Decipher
Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the HQ minis and furniture fit. Think I'm going to buy a copy.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 5:10 pm
by knightkrawler
Decipher wrote:Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the HQ minis and furniture fit. Think I'm going to buy a copy.


Oh, the scale you meant. Yes, it fits. 25mm squares or close.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 5:47 pm
by mitchiemasha
Lack of corridors... that's what always looked strange but I could never quite put my finger on it. Thank you Stratos.

I suppose one could say that some of those rooms are just large corridors, like large entrance, hallways, foyer, lobby... what ever! The room outside your room that's not a room. The one in my flat is bigger than most small bedrooms in width, 3 times aslong. Not that it's posh, it's pretty derelict.

Decipher. If you're wanting new boards, It's dragon strike you want, It comes with 4.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 11:40 pm
by Decipher
mitchiemasha wrote:Lack of corridors... that's what always looked strange but I could never quite put my finger on it. Thank you Stratos.

I suppose one could say that some of those rooms are just large corridors, like large entrance, hallways, foyer, lobby... what ever! The room outside your room that's not a room. The one in my flat is bigger than most small bedrooms in width, 3 times aslong. Not that it's posh, it's pretty derelict.

Decipher. If you're wanting new boards, It's dragon strike you want, It comes with 4.


Yeah, I've got a copy of Dragon Strike, don't like them because the boards have doors and furniture. I've been thinking about photoshopping all the furniture and doors out to make a blank template and then have them printed out professionally. This Dragon Quest board is the only board I don't own yet.

Re: DragonQuest Board? Opinions....

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 12:00 am
by drathe
Decipher wrote:Yeah, I've got a copy of Dragon Strike, don't like them because the boards have doors and furniture. I've been thinking about photoshopping all the furniture and doors out to make a blank template and then have them printed out professionally. This Dragon Quest board is the only board I don't own yet.

If you do end up photoshopping out the furniture and doors, I'd like a copy of the files if you don't mind. It would certainly make them more versatile.
I've been wanting to use the DQ board for a quest. Personally, I don't care for the perspective of the walls making some of the squares appear smaller. It has a nice cell block in the bottom right, but it has too many four-square rooms elsewhere.

Many quest ideas come to mind for it.
-Save the Emperor from goblin assassins.
-Break into the treasury.
-Free the captured knights.
-Steal the secret plans.
The usual run-of-the-mill castle quest ideas.