Page 1 of 1

3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 6th, 2016, 1:54 pm
by torilen
Don't know how good they are or if this is true (free plans or such)...I know almost zip about
3-D printing. But here it is:

https://3dprint.com/132642/free-library ... s-dragons/

Re: 3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 6th, 2016, 7:05 pm
by cynthialee
So funny. I came here to post this myself, but as usual I checked the new posts for updates, and you already posted this.

I need to get a printer and learn how to use it. I want these!

Re: 3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 1:27 am
by MadMickyG
Saw someone one selling their 3d printer for $450. Almost wish I had that money somewhere so I could try and do 3d printing at home.

Re: 3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 9th, 2016, 9:42 am
by cornixt
Haha, I had the same idea. Here's a gallery of all of them:
http://imgur.com/gallery/57Ypa
Some are bad, none are fantastic, some are copies of existing miniatures. Still a good resource though, even if 3D printing isn't quite satisfactory for miniatures yet.

Re: 3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 1:07 am
by IvenBach
This makes me happy seeing there are others out there that are putting hobbies together. Good stuff.

Re: 3d Printing - Free Minis

PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 3:39 am
by Big Bene
cynthialee wrote:I need to get a printer and learn how to use it. I want these!

If you really want them, you don't need a printer. There are great online printing services like Shapeways or Sculpteo.
Also, these have the professional printers that are necessary for miniatures - the home 3D printers of the current generation give by far too little detail.