Page 1 of 1

My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petrokk i

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 10:27 am
by Lemmeron
Hi,

I am working on a project of painting a unique figure for every special monster and character encountered in hero quest.
Borokk/Petrokk is a particularly nasty monster is found in The East Gate Quest 9 of Kellers Keep and it usually represented by a chaos sorceror


Here is my progress painting him. I still have to finish him with a coat of matte varnish which will tone down the shine and make him look better.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 4:32 pm
by wolfie907
I really like the sword on this it is a great paint job

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 29th, 2015, 2:10 pm
by joec
Fantastic paint job!

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 12:56 am
by Showdown35
Love it! This is actually my all time favorite mini (well, aside from Heinrich Kemmler). I have a metal version I bought before I had even heard of Bones (which I now have a bunch of).

Image

That's a preview pic of my homemade board, but as you can see, I chose to use that mini to show scale!
I went for the bone-looking armor for mine, but I love the way your redish-golden armor just screams HeroQuest Dungeon! The way you did the sword works very well to make it look ancient and worn. Very nice!

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 1:54 am
by Lemmeron
Nice bone armor ! Fix his base, and his sword handle and it would fit into a hero quest dungeon nicely :)
That miniature is also one of my favorite, so I HAD to find a suitable unique monster from hero quest to assign to him :)
One thing though, compared to all the other bones, this particular figure is a (word that begins with S and ends in HIT - damn filter) to clean the mold lines from, and his hands are rubbish - really really bad. I wish I had the metal one as it doesnt have the same issues.

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 4:55 am
by Sjeng
Awesome job! I used that model for the Witch King :D
Should be on the blog somewhere, see link in signature.

Re: My first painted Reaper bones miniature for Borokk/Petro

PostPosted: April 30th, 2015, 9:03 am
by Lemmeron
My girls are on the last quest of kellers keep so I will be working on all the extra monsters in return of the witch lord frantically to have them painted and ready for when they are encountered. I am very much looking forward to painting the witch lord. The miniature I have chosen is one of my favourites from the reaper range.