Page 1 of 3

My Heroes

PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 5:59 am
by keyansark
After presenting my baddies, now it is turn to show you my heroes. They come from the Talisman 3rd Edition Boardgame, as I found them to be much better miniatures than the original Heroes in HQ; so these remain unpainted for now.

The Barbarian: the Conan of John Buscema at its best...
Image

The Elf: painted in a less colorist way than the GW one
Image

The Wizard: Gandalf seen by GW
Image

The Dwarf: the Talisman dwarf and Josef Bugman too
Image

Sir Ragnar: the Talisman Paladin
Image

And also, for a variation, although I have never used them... 4 (slightly repainted) miniatures from Dungeons&Dragons Miniatures: Dwarf, Elf, Wizard, Warrior/Hero
Image

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 8:48 am
by drathe
I recognise that Johnny McHooters guy at the top. Isn't he from Phoenix' forum?

Like your monsters, you've done a fantastic paint job on those. I'm not keen on any of the dwarfs though. Oh, the painting is great on them, I've just never seen a dwarf miniature that I like beside the HeroQuest dwarf. Most the the GW dwarfs just end up looking like goofy munchkins in my eyes.

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 11:43 am
by keyansark
I'll show another dwarf pic soon that may have you change your mind... ;)

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 12:57 pm
by keyansark
It took a long because I was on my annual leave but, as promised, here is my Dwarf King: a wonderful miniature sculpted by Juan Diaz, that I am using both for Heroquest and Talisman. Hope you like it.

Image

Image

Image

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 11:36 pm
by drathe
Now there's a Dwarf I like! Great painting!

Out of curiosity (and deprivation), what board are you photographing on? Looks similar to a HeroQuest board, but that room is clearly larger. A collection of modular tiles?

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 12:50 am
by keyansark
It is the standard Heroquest board. The furniture hides the separation between rooms.

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 12:58 am
by drathe
Ah, I see it now.

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 5:35 pm
by keyansark
One new post in this thread, as I have finished painting this beatiful Reaper mini to be used as "Princess" to be rescued in the Agis'Inn Classic Contest quest where Princess Theresa appears.

Image

Image

Image

I should have spent more time with the layering :cry:

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 6:48 pm
by el_flesh
Very HOT chick. I approve of showing some T&A. But will you not paint your furniture?!?
you've done such an amazing job on the minis now the fireplace needs it...

As for the barb - he looks like he has man boobies. Maybe his nips need to be browner.

Re: My Heroes

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 1:23 am
by keyansark
You are right. THe furniture is second on my To-Do list :)