Page 1 of 2

[Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 3:35 am
by Blackthorn
The Quest Book says to use the Chaos Warlock to represent Sir Ragnar, but we all know this is far from ideal. I'm planning to use one of my other miniatures to represent the captured knight for this weekend's HeroQuest session, and I'd though it would be fun to have some input from the cognoscenti on which one to use. Here's a look at our three contestants:

Image

1) Reaper Bones Male Human Warrior: The scale is right, but the base doesn't match. Still, he looks very knight-like with his armor and weapons...even though he doesn't fight in this quest (good thing, cuz his sword is hella soft)

2) Dragon Strike Warrior: One of the better Dragon Strike minis, he looks suitably heroic and the size and shape of the base matches perfectly.

3) Wizards of Morcar Scout: The only authentic HeroQuest miniature of the lot. His color matches the heroes, although he doesn't quite look as "heroic" as the others.

I'm leaning towards contestant number two, but as an undecided voter I could be swayed towards another candidate.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 3:48 am
by jimmeuh
I'll go for miniature number two.

The only one who is really a "sir" worthy I think :)

Although the model seems way less quality.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 5:20 am
by Sinned
#2

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 5:25 am
by Goblin-King
Definitely the man-at-arms from WoM. That's what I plan to use should I get to play that quest again. Even with the exact same weapon!

1. As you said, he is the only authentic HQ mini. That goes a long way in my book.
2. HQ minis have a very distinct look. Especially the humans. The other two look a little out of place in my opinion.
3. You don't want him to outshine the heroes anyway, so a man-at-arms is fine ;)

edit. Though my ideal Sir Ragnar is the warrior from Advanced Hero Quest

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 8:27 am
by Sjeng
definitely the crusader knight #1. That's what Ragnar would look like to me. A brave knight of the Empire. Not a barbarian or a mere man at arms.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 1:11 pm
by Goblin-King
lol! The minis got 33% of the votes each! Looks like you'll just have to make up your own mind! :lol:

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 1:35 pm
by el_flesh
Crap. I voted for #2 when I meant to vote for #1 - can someone change the totals? #1 is a "Sir Knight" and #2 is a princely Sir Faerie instead.
#1 looks uncompromisingly brave and noble, maybe a little too much for his own good as he bites off more than he can chew and gets a can of woop-ass opened on him.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 3:46 pm
by Blackthorn
el_flesh wrote:Crap. I voted for #2 when I meant to vote for #1 - can someone change the totals?


Sorry, I live in Florida and we're no good at getting accurate election results. I'm not sure if the results from last November's presidential race are in yet.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 4:15 pm
by el_flesh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

It was thoroughly disgusting when dubya was so transparent about the cheat they were yet to pull with Florida.
Probably the other side cheats just as much, but the winner was the one caught on camera with a smarmy self-satisfied smirk.

Anyway - I vote for the knight #1 for Sir Ragnar and #2 for Prince Fagnar.

Re: [Poll] Will the real Sir Ragnar please stand up?

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 4:20 pm
by Blackthorn
el_flesh wrote:Prince Fagnar.


:lol: