Page 1 of 5

Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 5:44 pm
by Maike05
Hi Guys, I just came across a post on old scratch's Heroquest's forum about a guy who created a custom Zargon/Morcar minis ! Check it out, it's really cooool !! http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1240923580/60

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Apparently, benvoliothefirst would have make it based on the GW battle mage kit http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod20018

His blog http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com/search/label/HeroQuest

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 5:49 pm
by mako-heart
That is rad, now you know the posts will start about what his stats will be... npc who is now able to be played wow ,
I'm getting all worked up about the possibillitys thanks for the awesome post!!

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 6:05 pm
by Maike05
This must be some pretty bad ass to kill !!

He sure has all Chaos Spells!

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 28th, 2012, 8:03 am
by Big Bene
This is Mentor.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 28th, 2012, 8:24 am
by Goblin-King
Big Bene wrote:This is Mentor.

Not this again...

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: May 28th, 2012, 11:49 am
by Big Bene
Well, it has been discussed throughoutly elsewhere, and I don't want to open this again here.

But if we assume this is Mentor (and that they are not the same person :roll: ), there would be still room to make another mini for Morcar/Zargon (perhaps as he appears in the Marvel comic) - which would be great.

Having said this, I love the mini and the idea behind it. I had dreamd about sculpting Minis of Morcar and Mentor myself, but of course I have not this level of skill. I'm somewhat envieous now that someone else had done it... But of course my main feeling is just excitement it has been done. And moreover, in such a good way. Only complain is the Warhammer style slotta base.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 11:33 am
by notnorm
Your beautiful work inspired this.
Image

It is available for purchase here.
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2884584/zargon-the-evil-wizard.html?li=aeTabs

You can also order it in a high resolution material called
"frosted ultra detail". The image was printed in a more durable but lower resolution material called "white strong and flexible".

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 12:31 pm
by ruiza97
nice.

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 3:20 pm
by Big Bene
Well, I did my version of this mod for the last Xmas Xchange. Documented the "making of" with photos, too.
Never posted it, though, as we all wanted to wait until everyone had received their mini, and some of them were delivered only months later...
As for the printed mini, I think the sculpting is cool. Only, to match the game illustrations, Mentor/Morcar's hair should be a bit more "voluminous".

Re: Morcar/Zargon Miniature !

PostPosted: December 16th, 2014, 3:30 pm
by cynthialee
Morcar/Zargon ~ Mentor.... the same man. Each a facet of a mind shattered by the powerful sorceries that he sought to control. A harsh price the entire world must pay.