Page 1 of 3

Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2012, 8:48 pm
by cynthialee
A couple types of beds. One a 'royal' bed and Another a simple straw cot for the peasents. A stove. A forge, a foundry, an anvil. A ranged weapons weapon rack. Target dummies, archery targets. Mounted versions of the hereos, seated versions of the hereos. A camp fire. Mentor. Zargon/Morcar. A proper scale sized full length mirror. (for obvious reasons I am sure...) An old school well with a bucket and winch. Female vilains. (like us girls can't be dangerous and troublesome!) ;) A bar with well stocked shelves of elvin wine bottles and dwarven ale kegs. Dancing girls. (I am a semi-dyke, of course I want dancing girls!!!) A wagon being pulled by a large basalisk or a giant armadillo. (Not yet sold on which is the favored mode of wagon travel in the realms.) A big skeletal throne two types one with an evil wizard seated on it an Another empty. A theatrical stage. A ballista, a catapult and a trubuchet.

hmmm...
I am sure there are more I would need for a proper HQ game, but they are escaping me at the moment....

:lol:

:roll:

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 5:39 am
by Big Bene

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 10:31 am
by Von Necron
Ive got the anvil, dancing girls and female villians. The rest of the furniture would be awesome to have. I cant seem to collect enough furniture bits.

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 1:41 pm
by Big Bene
I have a stove (it's a rather bad plaster cast, but otherwise nicely modelled). I also have a campfire of plastic, which is originally from some cowboy figures, but it would fit the Heroquest (or Warhammer) scale nicely, and I've already planned to use it. I've got some pewter minis of nude female dancers, really bad modelled, but still couldn't resist when I saw the blister at a games fair :mrgreen: .
I could take the models of a forge, anvil, well and stage from the Neverwinter Nights computer game and make them into paperworks models to upload here.
necron wrote:and female villians
you have female Orcs, Goblins and Fimir? According to Greed Workshop there aren't even female fimir!I also doubt that the Heroquest skeletons are detailed enough to judge the gender... Female zombies? Perhaps :?

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 2:04 pm
by Big Bene
Big Bene wrote:there aren't even female fimir!

OK, I looked it up - the unpleasent truth is:
Wikipedia wrote:"The Meargh - also known as witch-hags - are the leaders of Fimir colonies, as well as the only females
...
In the event of a Meargh's death, the Fimir of her stronghold separate, either working as mercenaries for other evil creatures or seeking out another clan to join. However the Meargh is sterile and therefore unable to breed. So as to replenish their numbers the Fimir kidnap young fertile human women to use as breeding stock."
Urgh... OK, I long ago decided that at least for me the world of HQ and the world of Warhammer are not identical. Perhaps it's better to have female fimir in the HQ world.

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 2:43 pm
by sadkitchen
A little off topic, but since I cannot bring myself to even frequent the Greed Workshops message boards I will post here. Wouldn't the Fimir breed its self out of existance?

1st generation - 1/2 fimir
2nd generation - 1/4 fimir
3rd generation - 1/8 fimir
4th generation - 1/16 fimir (This generation of fimir can no longer get in on the gold gaind from the fimir casinos)
5th generation - 1/32 fimir (It can be considered a felony for this generation to even claim that they are fimirs on their tax returns...)

Whomever came up with idea of an one eyed lizardman like race that can only reproduce cross species had to been taking part in the usage of illegal (or possibly massive quatities of controlled) substances.

-SadKitchen

P.S. Welcome back Big Bene

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 3:03 pm
by Big Bene
sadkitchen wrote:since I cannot bring myself to even frequent the Greed Workshops message boards
It's OK. GW has message boards but they won't answer any questions there, anyways. Ever.
Wouldn't the Fimir breed its self out of existance?

1st generation - 1/2 fimir
2nd generation - 1/4 fimir
3rd generation - 1/8 fimir
4th generation - 1/16 fimir (This generation of fimir can no longer get in on the gold gaind from the fimir casinos)
5th generation - 1/32 fimir (It can be considered a felony for this generation to even claim that they are fimirs on their tax returns...)

Whomever came up with idea of an one eyed lizardman like race that can only reproduce cross species had to been taking part in the usage of illegal (or possibly massive quatities of controlled) substances.
Oviousely. Well, the Fimir biology is probably meant to work in a way that one fimir parent involved will always result in a fimir... some kind of over-dominant gene? Well, it's fantasy, so don't ask for science. :roll:
I think I will stick with my solution:
HQ world: female fimir
Warhammer world: whatever Greed Workshop likes to think.
P.S. Welcome back Big Bene
Well, thanks a lot. I'm still busy, however, and won't probably post as frequently as before at least for a while.

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 4:10 pm
by cynthialee
I don't like the way Fimirs breed!
Not in my games!

There shall be lady Fimirs who are tending hearth and home while the Fimir warriors are out fighting the scourge of humanity.

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 5:34 pm
by Goblin-King
Well... I like the fimir lore. I think it's awesome that they are so strange and different from humans.

Many MANY fantasy races are too boring. Ooh they got blue skin and pointy ears? But other vice act 99% like humans?
I also love how 40K orks are basically mutated mushrooms XD

Re: Minatures I would love to have.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2012, 6:30 pm
by cynthialee
Orks in my game are actually cousins with Elves.

Also Orks in my game are not intrinsicly evil. They are just mercinaries that happen to be very brutal in war thus earning a reputation for blood thirst across the realms.
Imagine the surprise of the heroes when they encountered their first village of law abiding farmer orks. It was a fun game. In the end the heroes threw in with the orks and helped them overthrough their liege as the baron was out to eradicate the orks via magical bio warfare.
Now the orks have a proper Kingdom of their own thanks to a group of now long dead heroes. A kingdom that has been a thorn in the side of many of the heroes since that fateful group.