Page 1 of 1

Magic the Gathering - possible pbp

PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 2:24 pm
by torilen
Okay - so, I was getting together with some friends on the weekends, and they've gotten me into
Magic the Gathering. I got my hands on a good deal of cards a few weeks ago, but haven't been able to
see those friends since then...and it looks like it'll still be a couple of weeks before I do.

I'd like to put these cards to use, and maybe test out a deck or two that I've put together...see how they do.
Anyone interested in playing a play-by-email game? I know it'll be kind of slow going...but no one is in a hurry
here, right? Just something to do to keep us occupied, right.

My idea was this - it is easy enough to find what a card does online, so there is not really any need, I don' think,
to explain an card during the game. Just assume we do the typical actions at the beginning of each turn (untap,
upkeep, draw, and such).
We can format emails like this:

In my Hand: (# of cards here)

In the field:
(card in play here - tapped or not - any enchantment or such on it)
(card in play here - tapped or not - any enchantment or such on it)
etc.
***If an equipment or artifact comes into the field...leave it on the field, and then put it
with the proper card when it is equipped/attached to that card***

Being put into play:
(card/cards I'm playing this turn here)

Life Left: (amount of life left here)
Counters: (poison or any other such that stays through the game)

(type DONE at the end)

------------------------

How does that sound? So, one player could type that in and send it...if the next player has
something to play - an instant or sorcery or such, they can then do that and send - the first
player makes any adjustments and sends - if second (next) player has nothing...he types
DONE and sends...and then it will be the second player's turn.

Again - a little slow...but I think it could work.


If anyone is interested...post back here, or simply email me:
matthew.games.pbp@gmail.com