Page 1 of 1

Masters of the Universe: Fields of Eternia by Archon Studio

PostPosted: March 6th, 2022, 4:55 am
by Sinned
This game hasn't been released yet (ETA: June 2022), but people can still pledge. There's the base game, 2 expansions and a ton of unlocked stretch goals.

https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-studio/motu

I've been on the fence for months.
It looks so darn cool and I regretted NOT joining the HQ kickstarter (and missing out on the exclusives; I bought the basegame + KK & RotWL at retail)....
.....but is the game wort it? Seen some vids but still unsure. Plus, it's only a prototype of just the base game they're showing.

What are your opinions?

Re: Masters of the Universe: Fields of Eternia by Archon Stu

PostPosted: March 6th, 2022, 8:24 am
by lestodante
Content looks great!
Any idea of what the gameplay will be? Something in the style of Battlemasters?

Re: Masters of the Universe: Fields of Eternia by Archon Stu

PostPosted: March 6th, 2022, 10:15 am
by Kurgan
Looks cool, except for the lazy (by comparison) pawns used for the "Eternian soldiers." Probably saves cost, and probably they're easier to visually distinguish (unpainted) in the game from the main characters, but still, more boring looking.

There have been He-Man games before, but best of luck to them.

Re: Masters of the Universe: Fields of Eternia by Archon Stu

PostPosted: July 8th, 2022, 2:01 am
by Sinned
I guess I dodged a bullet by deciding NOT to back it.

The game has been delayed several times, backers are mad.....also because the company has released another MotU game with several of the same minis. They recently announced that 2nd game, which pissed off backers of the not-yet-released game.
Drama and unprofessional.

https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-s ... u/comments