Page 1 of 3
Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 6:11 am
by Nerrad72
Went on one of my charity shop raids the other day and found a copy of Munchkin. Only cost me £1.50
Its one of the older versions. Tried playing with 2 people on my first game, but didn't really work out. Anyone else play?
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 7:02 am
by ken
Nerrad72 wrote:Went on one of my charity shop raids the other day and found a copy of Munchkin. Only cost me £1.50
Its one of the older versions. Tried playing with 2 people on my first game, but didn't really work out. Anyone else play?
Just had a look at this on Wiki. Looks a good laugh. One of the "Monsters" is a Potted Plant. Our house is full of the damn things, so one as a monster in HQ is a definite must-have. I wonder if Puck would go for it? Hmmmm....

Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 7:47 am
by Nerrad72
yeah the game is very 'tongue and cheek' taking the piss out of the whole RPG scene. I think the 'crabs' monster is the funniest
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 12:19 pm
by drathe
I've played the Cthulhu version a couplde times at a friend's game night. It was fun.
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 4:08 pm
by torilen
I absolutely love munchkin. I will warn you, though. Don't bother getting super munchkin.
Its not nearly as funny, and the mechanics don't work as well as regular munchkin.
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 15th, 2012, 8:53 pm
by sadkitchen
I find that you need at least 4 players to get the true munchkin experience. I also find that it is very luck sensitive and sometimes a random player will have no chance to do anything while the next player can't help but win. Either way you got yourself a steal at only 1.50, go you!
-SadKitchen
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 18th, 2012, 3:25 am
by Nerrad72
@torilen: cheers, I've already been looking at additional cards. Sooooo many to choose from, I shall stay away from super munchkin, unless I see it for £1.50
@sadkitchen; its an odd feeling finding something in a charity shop that they dont know the real value of. I felt like the charity case.
I've looked online a bit and I think I've got an old set, pre 2008, and alas old rules. Which rules have everyone else played?
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 18th, 2012, 1:30 pm
by torilen
nerrad - I think they have five expansions of the basic munchkin game now. As far as I have seen, they are all as excellent
as the base game. The just add to the fun and silliness of it all.
I was actually a little disappointed last year - they had a call for new card ideas as a contest - I put in a few, but never
heard anything back. I was suggesting to add things like guilds and settings and such...had a few spelled out for my
submission. I don't know if you'd be interested in any homebrew additions to the game...if you are, let me know, I'll
get them to you (if I can find them).
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 19th, 2012, 3:57 am
by Nerrad72
that when be most excellent torilen! Homebrew additions most welcomed.
Still havent managed to play a game with more than 2 people yet. I've notice that I have 1 card missing. The duck of doom Do you think I can do without it.
I heard that people play sometimes by mixing the sets 'Munchkin Blender' , but I feel that the something may be lost from the games theme by mixing the sets
Re: Munchkin

Posted:
June 19th, 2012, 9:42 am
by ken
Nerrad72 wrote:that when be most excellent torilen! Homebrew additions most welcomed.
Still havent managed to play a game with more than 2 people yet. I've notice that I have 1 card missing. The duck of doom Do you think I can do without it.
I heard that people play sometimes by mixing the sets 'Munchkin Blender' , but I feel that the something may be lost from the games theme by mixing the sets
Just looked up "The Duck of Doom" (Bullocknoris) on Wiki, is this for real, or too much vin rouge? We really need a HQ card for this being, along with the dreaded "Potted Plant" How about an internet game? Anyone up for it?