Page 1 of 1

Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2024, 11:39 am
by kristonaut
Hello everyone, a while ago I completed my project of upscaling and cleaning up all AHQ text materials - core and TitD rule books and all White Dwarf supplements. You might have seen it already as I've posted about it in the Facebook group and on boardgamegeek, and I've uploaded them on Scribd.

Do you have any recommendations for other places that could host these files on a permanent basis? I want them out there easily and freely accessible!

I've tried pdfcoffee (that's where I originally got the materials that I then improved), but for whatever reason I don't get any emails from them and so cannot finish creating a profile. If anyone has a pdfcoffee account and would be willing to upload them on my behalf, let me know and we'll figure it out.

Thanks! :cheese:

Re: Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2024, 9:48 pm
by Neuralstasis
You could just put them on a shared google drive. I don't know how long they will stay up if you let the associated google account go idle, but I think if you are actively using the google account then they should just stay there for ever.

Thats what the maker of Reforged has done. http://ahqreforged.blogspot.com/p/get-rules.html

Re: Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2024, 9:51 pm
by Neuralstasis
PS, are you using my avatar image?

Oh wait... no they are very slightly different!

Re: Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 4th, 2024, 1:17 pm
by kristonaut
Neuralstasis wrote:You could just put them on a shared google drive. I don't know how long they will stay up if you let the associated google account go idle, but I think if you are actively using the google account then they should just stay there for ever.

Thats what the maker of Reforged has done. http://ahqreforged.blogspot.com/p/get-rules.html


I don't think that would work for this project unfortunately. I'd like it to be found easily by just googling and I think having it on an open google drive only really works if you're able to link to it from a site dedicated to it - which seems to be the case for Reforged. But thank you for the suggestion!

As for the profile pic - great minds think alike, I guess! I cropped it myself. Nice to know there's someone else out there who shares an appreciation of goofy looking orcs! :orc:

Re: Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 4th, 2024, 5:37 pm
by cornixt
Make a Wordpress site or something similar.

Re: Where to host upscaled AHQ rules?

PostPosted: December 19th, 2024, 1:01 pm
by legion13
kristonaut, I would like to read your project. Could you please post a link on this thread to where you've already uploaded it? thank you.