Page 1 of 1

Morbid Keep

PostPosted: January 28th, 2020, 10:33 am
by Decipher
A side quest that could be difficult for low level Heroes. Probably a quest played after the original starter box is finnished. You'll need some extra tiles from a few of the expansions sets.

Image

Re: Morbid Keep

PostPosted: January 28th, 2020, 12:29 pm
by ajjohnsen
This looks 100% legit; nicely done! What tool did you use to create this? I've tried suing Heroscribe which is what most here recommend, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: Morbid Keep

PostPosted: January 28th, 2020, 1:32 pm
by Decipher
Now, if I'm not mistaken, there are two HeroScribe files floating around and one of them I couldn't get to work on my laptop and the other would, but on my new computer it is the opposite. I think I can find them both on my old laptop and send you both of them to see if one will work. I think it has something to do with outdated java runtime. But I use HeroScribe to make the actual map, then use the photoshop template I made a few years ago which is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uqgufng3c ... l.zip/file

Re: Morbid Keep

PostPosted: January 28th, 2020, 8:07 pm
by StratosVX
ajjohnsen wrote:This looks 100% legit; nicely done! What tool did you use to create this? I've tried suing Heroscribe which is what most here recommend, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

There's a HeroScribe link in my signature that you're welcome to try. Others have been able to use that one when they couldn't get it working on their own.

Re: Morbid Keep

PostPosted: January 29th, 2020, 12:44 am
by Anderas
That Quest was immediately making it into my Quest Index.
I was calculating it again, in the evening, realizing that I forgot the chaos warriors in the hallways and the wandering monsters

I calculated the Difficulty: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield: (that means, 4 and a half dice)
That means, if your heroes have four dice and a little bit (like a potion of healing; or having 4 AT and 6 DE dice or if they bring a mercenary), it's playable.
It is also playable as a solo quest with a Hero having :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: and :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: if they bring four Mercenaries, one of each type, plus a swordsman extra

A group that just finished the first quest book would have a hard time (not too hard, though... losing 17 BP is tough but not too much so; especially if they are used playing together a lot and have their tactics and the spell ring)

It's worth noting that for the furniture, one needs a little bit extra from either a second Hero Quest game or one of the numerous Kickstarters or Zealot in the last few years. You have 3 extra treasure chests and 1 extra bookcase compared to the base game.



You produced a little wondering monster there. Love it. :lol: Sadly that picture is gone amiss from the forums. :lol: We should have it as Smiley :D

I like this quest. It's a solid little side quest, playable, nice layout. Thanks a lot!

And through my little error, we learned:
Ifi you just remove all Chaos Warriors in the Hallways, it is playable by a Hero Group with AT :skull: :skull: :skull: + DE :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :-)
Perfectly adaptable quest.