Page 1 of 1

The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 11:39 am
by The Admiral
Not sure if anyone can answer this, but the pack has 5 artifacts. The website has four of them, but no Dwarven Fire Ring, or is this just a standard Fire Ring that only a Dwarf can wear?

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: April 26th, 2018, 11:28 pm
by Count Mohawk
Yes, that's actually just a typo - it's a standard Fire Ring. I imagine slev crossed the Dwarven Rune of Seeking with the Fire Ring in his brain when he was writing those rules.

(If asked, I could probably find a source for this information, too!)

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 6:49 am
by The Admiral
Count Mohawk wrote:Yes, that's actually just a typo - it's a standard Fire Ring. I imagine slev crossed the Dwarven Rune of Seeking with the Fire Ring in his brain when he was writing those rules.

(If asked, I could probably find a source for this information, too!)


Ah, so should it say Dwarven Rune of Seeking and Fire Ring?

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: April 28th, 2018, 1:09 pm
by Count Mohawk
The Admiral wrote:
Count Mohawk wrote:Yes, that's actually just a typo - it's a standard Fire Ring. I imagine slev crossed the Dwarven Rune of Seeking with the Fire Ring in his brain when he was writing those rules.

(If asked, I could probably find a source for this information, too!)


Ah, so should it say Dwarven Rune of Seeking and Fire Ring?

I meant it's probably one or the other, not both. Also, my memory is apparently faulty - slev never clarified which one it was supposed to be in the original thread on Old Scratch.

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: April 28th, 2018, 4:30 pm
by The Admiral
Ok, Thanks. I'll just go with the Fire Ring then, as I know how that works.

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 12:17 pm
by slev
Yeah, it's a standard Fire Ring.
New version of the pack soon!

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: January 25th, 2020, 10:28 pm
by Hexus
So where do we download this quest pack from? I am not seeing it.

Re: The Master of Corruption quest pack

PostPosted: January 28th, 2020, 9:36 am
by Count Mohawk
Master of Corruption was set to be #8 of slev's 12-Quest-Pack revision of Hero Quest, fittingly titled "Hero Quest Revised" (HQR).
According to his website, which went down for a few months but has since been reconstituted, he hopes to put the finishing touches on HQR v2 this year (2020).
I keep a mirror of the first-edition HQR in my Dropbox, however; see the link in my signature.