Page 1 of 2
Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 11:21 am
by TMU
Has anybody seen this?

The arms of an orc are completely different size. I didn't notice it when arms were both on their places.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 12:05 pm
by Sjeng
They aren't that different. One arm is outstretched, the other is more bent. The shoulder to elbow length is a bit off, I agree, but as you say, nobody has probably noticed before.
ps: renamed your title.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 12:34 pm
by TMU
Actually, their not so much differently bented.
Are you censoring my posts?

Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 1:07 pm
by tasoe
TMU wrote:...Are you censoring my posts?

well, the previous characterization for the orc was kind of offensive.
I'm sure it was just a language issue.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 2:29 pm
by TMU
tasoe wrote:well, the previous characterization for the orc was kind of offensive.
I'm sure the orc wouldn't have minded, in the end, it's dead. The arm was cutted off slowly.

Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 2:34 pm
by knightkrawler
A lifted arm looks longer than a hanging arm - methinks, at least. Stays the same for same elbow bending angles.
Plus, no matter how exactly you think you cut the arm, there's a part missing along the cuts adding to the impression of one arm being (much) longer than the other one.
I don't know if I'm exactly right about that, but I get the impression.
Try another Orc, chop off his right arm and compare it to the still attached left arm.
I think the difference will be smaller.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 2:39 pm
by tasoe
TMU wrote:I'm sure the orc wouldn't have minded, in the end, it's dead. The arm was cutted off slowly.

well, sure the orc doesn't mind it at all, he is just a piece of plastic, but 'retarded' is not a socially accepted term to use in any context, that's what the fuss is all about.
The arm however does look longer but I think it's was made like that to make room for the armband.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 3:48 pm
by TMU
But it also means unformed, but sorry. I'll be more careful next time

Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 4:26 pm
by tasoe
you don't have to apologise, it's a foreign language and misunderstanings like that are bound to happen.
Re: Misshaped Orc

Posted:
May 17th, 2013, 6:36 pm
by Goblin-King
wait... what was the original post called? Retarded Orc?
