GimmeYerGold's [revised] Custom Cards Preview: Equipment
Okay here's a fun one: EQUIPMENT.
Lots of stuff here!
Notes:
1) In some respects, I tried to combine the "feel" of the EU (UK?) Armory and the NA armory, especially in regards to the Wizard's options.
2) Tried to keep prices at a level that considers that a hero could buy X or Y, so something that may seem really powerful isn't a crazy price just for the sake of it, because it's one of many options when a Hero has a lump of cash. So they'll have to go without X if they choose Y instead! You get the picture. Also, taking into consideration if a Hero has to start from scratch mid campaign.
3) Added some "advancement" style items, because I wanted to allow the heroes to feel they could increase different stats other than def and attack, but without adding in an actual advancement system. I like equipment-based upgrades. I think the torch and lantern are interesting, as they add movement bonuses at the expense of your shield hand/extra hand to hold a two-handed weapon.
4) included what I considered versions of the most useful potions at more reasonable prices, rather than creating a separate alchemist's shop deck.
If your curious about what the bard and monk are like, I will upload the 2 extra hero types soon, but the bard is right between the elf and the wizard with 2 spell groups, and the monk is a "glass cannon," can hit as hard as a barbarian but has low body points, and wizard restrictions when it comes to armor.
More card sets I'm working on:
[revised] Encounter Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2828
[revised] Artifact Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2826
[revised] Combat Skill Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2823
[revised] Chaos Spell Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2822
[revised] Hero Spell Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2821
[revised] Monster Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2820
[revised] Lone Monster Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2816
[revised] Settlement Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2813
[revised] Treasure Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2812
Lots of stuff here!
Notes:
1) In some respects, I tried to combine the "feel" of the EU (UK?) Armory and the NA armory, especially in regards to the Wizard's options.
2) Tried to keep prices at a level that considers that a hero could buy X or Y, so something that may seem really powerful isn't a crazy price just for the sake of it, because it's one of many options when a Hero has a lump of cash. So they'll have to go without X if they choose Y instead! You get the picture. Also, taking into consideration if a Hero has to start from scratch mid campaign.
3) Added some "advancement" style items, because I wanted to allow the heroes to feel they could increase different stats other than def and attack, but without adding in an actual advancement system. I like equipment-based upgrades. I think the torch and lantern are interesting, as they add movement bonuses at the expense of your shield hand/extra hand to hold a two-handed weapon.
4) included what I considered versions of the most useful potions at more reasonable prices, rather than creating a separate alchemist's shop deck.
If your curious about what the bard and monk are like, I will upload the 2 extra hero types soon, but the bard is right between the elf and the wizard with 2 spell groups, and the monk is a "glass cannon," can hit as hard as a barbarian but has low body points, and wizard restrictions when it comes to armor.
More card sets I'm working on:
[revised] Encounter Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2828
[revised] Artifact Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2826
[revised] Combat Skill Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2823
[revised] Chaos Spell Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2822
[revised] Hero Spell Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2821
[revised] Monster Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2820
[revised] Lone Monster Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2816
[revised] Settlement Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2813
[revised] Treasure Cards here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2812