Page 1 of 3

Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 5th, 2013, 11:29 pm
by chaoticprime
Here a couple spells designed to be used best in combinations with other spells, as part of an artifact-endowed double casting of spells.

Image

Image

Also, here's cataloging this guy:

Image

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 4:04 am
by Goblin-King
Am I to understand that each monster can only be hit by the boulder once now? At least that's how I read it? That is much better than the earlier version where it could just roll back and forth over a single target!

Inquisition's function is a little unclear.
Do you cast it on a hero and that hero can see through all monsters' eyes as long as he can actually see at least one monster.
Or is it cast on a monster and that monster is the only one you can see through?

Something went wrong in the creation of the image to the Inquisition spell. In the eye there is a small blob of grey.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 5:26 am
by Daedalus
I understand that the Inquisition spell is cast on any one figure (a Hero or monster). The spell caster can then see from it's square and his own square until no more monsters are visable. After that, the spell ends and it's normal line of sight from the spellcaster's square.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 5:37 am
by Goblin-King
aah, now I get it

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 6:55 am
by chaoticprime
Goblin-King wrote:Am I to understand that each monster can only be hit by the boulder once now? At least that's how I read it? That is much better than the earlier version where it could just roll back and forth over a single target!

Inquisition's function is a little unclear.
Do you cast it on a hero and that hero can see through all monsters' eyes as long as he can actually see at least one monster.
Or is it cast on a monster and that monster is the only one you can see through?

Something went wrong in the creation of the image to the Inquisition spell. In the eye there is a small blob of grey.


Daedalus got it right.

I worded these carefully using prescriptive English. Basically, there is nothing implied. It functions exactly as it says it does. You have to apply its function.

"This spell must be cast on one Hero or monster within your line-of-sight."

You pick a target from among any figures on the board that you can "see."

"A magical link allows you to treat the victim's line-of-sight exactly as if it was your own regarding all ranged attacks and spells."

The "victim" refers to the Hero or monster you chose to cast the spell on. You are made able to use the victim's line-of-sight to find targets for your spells and ranged attacks. You can use this spell to effectively cast spells through crowded corridors. If the Barbarian is blocking the door, cast this spell on him, and then your next spell that you cast can utilize his unblocked line-of-sight.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 8:18 am
by Goblin-King
It seems pretty clear now... Guess it was just to early when I read it first!

So, just to be a dick- What happens if the wizards breaks the link/LoS with say the barbarian. But he can see an orc standing in normal LoS in the same room as himself.
Is the spell broken or not in that case. I would think not, in regard to the wording.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 8:42 am
by chaoticprime
If linked with the Barbarian, the spell will be broken for the Wizard when neither Hero can see a monster.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 9:06 am
by knightkrawler
I like that spell. I'll blatantly steal it.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 10:21 am
by Daedalus
I like it, as well. It cleanly breaks a game restriction. I think it would also work well as a scroll spell, as it could be cast with another spell.

Re: Spell Musings

PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 10:51 am
by knightkrawler
I actually plan to use it as a normal spell as well as make it available as a scroll, for the use of archers and shooters.