Page 1 of 2

Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 9:37 am
by Sjeng
A quick question:

With all the new cards around, it is getting hard to keep track of which cards belong to which game set. So I want to add a little icon to the cards, telling you what expansion or set they are from. Here's an example:

equipment-JP-staff.jpg


I was thinking of using these abbreviations:
US = American base game cards
EU = European base game cards
JP = Japanese base game cards
KK = Kellar's Keep game cards
WL = Return of the Witch Lord game cards
WM = Wizards of Morcar game cards
OH = Against the Ogre Horde game cards
FH = Frozen Horror game cards
MM = the Mage of the Mirror game cards
CU = custom game cards (all other cards, like skaven and fimir magic & artifacts, additional spells, weapons etc.)

Tell me what you think. I'd like to add them, but perhaps you guys think the extra icon might be unwanted.
Ideas, comments?

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 9:41 am
by tasoe
i like the idea but i think it is unnecessary. it doesn't matter to me cause I'm not going to print them, but someone might and he might not want the extra icon.
also, it's not really that hard to keep track of where the cards come from, is it?
but again I wouldn't have any problem with this addition.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 9:46 am
by Sjeng
I kinda think it is :P The thing is, if you print the EU version of the equipment cards, and you want to add some other equipment from the JP cards, then you could get 2 items with different mechanics and/or costs. If you want to use a specific set for a game, it's simply easier to recognize them and set them apart. After a while, I really can't remember if the EU or the US or the JP staff was the one with the 125, 150 or 100 gold price for example.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 9:49 am
by knightkrawler
Not a bad idea, and not bothering me in any way. The icon is small, readable...
Many advantages, there.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 9:51 am
by Sjeng
I could alter the icon too, if anyone has suggestions.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 10:27 am
by chaoticprime
I have eidetic memory, so forgetting which came from where is not a thing. These cards would be the perfect excuse to try memory mansion training for somebody else, though.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 10:34 am
by knightkrawler
I suggest setting them up at the bottom - as you did - but on both sides for symmetry.
Unless there is another information in a similar icon style the cards could use...

One other thing:
There's additional cards in the NA versions of Kellar's Keep and Retrun of the Witch-Lord.

Maybe a country acronym on the left and an expansion acronym on the right?
Example for that Japanese Base Game staff:
JP WEAPON BG

My :2cents:

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 1st, 2013, 11:04 am
by Sjeng
Yeah I was thinking about making a difference between the EU and US cards from KK and RotWL, but then again, they are both from the same expansion, the only difference is that some cards are in the set and some aren't. for example, US has scrolls, EU doesn't, and EU has the rabbit boots amongst others, while US doesn't (I think). So when I made my EU format cards, I simply put them all together. I use all of the cards from EU and US combined. So all I really need to know is what set they are from, regardless of EU/US origin. It's better with everything anyway, I think :P
My scroll spells can have US icons on them, and the scrolls that were added to complete the schools of magic can be "CU".
Two icons is a bit too much in my opinion. I kinda want the one I'm using to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 2:21 am
by Daedalus
CU?

Re: Cards: keeping them apart

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 1:00 am
by Sjeng
See first post ;) Custom.