Page 1 of 2

anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 4:58 pm
by tasoe
I was watching this ebay lot http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1202
with the advanced heroquest heroes. it was a great deal, I was gonna bid 5 pounds easily but forgot that the auction was ending today!
damn, my forgetfulness. I've been trying to get those heroes for a while and now that I had the chance to win them (and at a magnificent price) I blew it!

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 5:14 pm
by Goblin-King
H*** yes I saw them! I also forgot...

Know that feel bro...

The shields seemed to be missing tho

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: April 8th, 2012, 6:44 pm
by Ethica
i had a bid on them but was outbid.

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 6:47 pm
by tasoe
After about 4 months I found another auction of the 4 advanced heroquest figures. This time I didn't let it get away: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400304302987?ss ... 607wt_1185 Sorry if I outbid anyone here.

I now have a ton of heroes to choose from, all are unpainted yet but I envision my collection of heroes to be pretty nice once I've mounted them on hq bases and painted them.
I have: 4 heroes from heroquest
4 from advanced heroquest
4 from Dark World
4 from Warhammer Quest
10/11 from talisman 3rd (missing minotaur)
13/16 from talisman 3rd expansions (missing druid, witch elf, alchemist)
4 from d&d the boardgame and 2 from its expansions
6 from Dragon Strike
and 5 other minis of similar style.
That comes to a total of 54 heroes. I think they are enough to cover the most demanding player's needs.

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 3:06 am
by Ethica
Congratulations!

But don't you find alot of them figures are the wrong scale for HQ?

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 4:29 am
by tasoe
Ethica wrote:Congratulations!

But don't you find alot of them figures are the wrong scale for HQ?


Thanks!

I don't find them to be different scale. The warhammer quest and talisman minis (which are me favourites) are perfect scale for hq. Only odd ones are the Dragonstrike ones but not because of the scale, it's because they're weird.
The D&D only seem to be of larger scale, especially the monsters, but I think the heroes mounted to hq bases won't look very big.
I guess the only figure that is totally wrong is the female thief from Dragonstrike. It's damn tiny and totally unusable.
by the way, I have two of them, if anyone wants/needs one I can send it to them.

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 1:54 pm
by knightkrawler
tasoe wrote:Only odd ones are the Dragonstrike ones but not because of the scale, it's because they're weird.


Name it, they're butt-ugly. Real bad...

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 2:42 pm
by Sjeng
tasoe wrote:I guess the only figure that is totally wrong is the female thief from Dragonstrike. It's damn tiny and totally unusable.
by the way, I have two of them, if anyone wants/needs one I can send it to them.

That's exactly one of the few mini's that are missing from my DS game! :D Would you send it?
I'm also missing the evil wizard and the dragon sadly, but I can live with that :P

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 27th, 2012, 5:34 pm
by Ethica
The evil wizard from dragon strike is my Balur, he's a bit big but I think that adds comedy value. The dragon strike fire elemental isn't bad either.

Re: anyone else saw that?

PostPosted: June 28th, 2012, 4:41 am
by Sjeng
tasoe wrote:I now have a ton of heroes to choose from, all are unpainted yet but I envision my collection of heroes to be pretty nice once I've mounted them on hq bases and painted them.
I have: 4 heroes from heroquest
4 from advanced heroquest
4 from Dark World
4 from Warhammer Quest
10/11 from talisman 3rd (missing minotaur)
13/16 from talisman 3rd expansions (missing druid, witch elf, alchemist)
4 from d&d the boardgame and 2 from its expansions
6 from Dragon Strike
and 5 other minis of similar style.
That comes to a total of 54 heroes. I think they are enough to cover the most demanding player's needs.

I'd love to see pictures of them all painted and finished! :D