slev wrote:My only big problem with Campaign Coins is that the "denominations" are based on a modern understanding of currency.
I want metal coins where a coin of say, "5 copper" weighs the same as five coins of "1 copper", etc.
The only way to do this with their kit is to have different metals be different denominations.
Heh, this totally got my creative brain distracted from the current topic... But you got me thinking about how to do that, and then it hit me. "Pieces of Eight"... Although less practical in metal for gaming, one actually could probably design some interesting plastic coins that could be snapped into each other some how to create a gamers take on the old break apart coin. But, I doubt it would work well in metal since the originals were designed to permanently separate, while for gaming you'd want to be able to rejoin them after play.
So, totally impractical, but I thought I'd share the detour my brain took... *Chuckle*...

























