Page 1 of 2

Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 2:34 am
by Helegak3
I am thinking about getting this book, but I need someone to tell me if it is good...

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 2:42 am
by TMU
They all are, well worth the small amount you must pay for them :)

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 10:46 am
by knightkrawler
My personal opinion is that they are only for the ubernerds and completionists.
The read is not worth it.

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 12:01 pm
by TMU
knightkrawler wrote:My personal opinion is that they are only for the ubernerds and completionists.
The read is not worth it.

Call me ubernerd completionist then |_P

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 12:10 pm
by Goblin-King
TMU wrote:Call me ubernerd completionist then |_P

Aren't you though? I recall you having a pretty big collection?

Do you have the white dwarf magazines, marvel winter special and completed sticker album? ;)

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 12:56 pm
by knightkrawler
TMU wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:My personal opinion is that they are only for the ubernerds and completionists.
The read is not worth it.

Call me ubernerd completionist then |_P


I'll top that and use the proper Umlaute which I, being German 'n' all, should have done in the first place.
ÜBERNÖÖRD! KOMPLETTIONISTISCHER ÜBERNÖÖRD, DU!

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 2:04 pm
by Anderas
At least i can prove not to be an Übernöörd by simply not knowing the book! :)

I read in the last three weeks:
The Great Expanse Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Now i am in the middle of Part 5.

Each of them has 600 pages, medium class science fiction, but no, i am no Übernöörd, just because i don't know the topic of this thread.

You guys really make me feel good. :mrgreen: :D

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 1st, 2016, 3:01 pm
by TMU
Goblin-King wrote:
TMU wrote:Call me ubernerd completionist then |_P

Aren't you though? I recall you having a pretty big collection?

Do you have the white dwarf magazines, marvel winter special and completed sticker album? ;)

Well, yes. I do have pretty big HQ collection. I don't have any of the other stuff you listed tho :D

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2016, 2:35 am
by Helegak3
I have read a lot of fantasy, and I know these books will be no ASOIAF, but are they on par with a run of the mill D&D book?

Re: Is this book good?

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2016, 3:45 am
by The Admiral
It's orrrrite.

Its main purpose is that it is written proof, should anyone really need it, that the Fire of Wrath spell doesn't require target LOS.