Page 1 of 1

goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: September 29th, 2023, 3:15 am
by b_0
A goblin standard bearer:
Image
Image

Re: goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: October 26th, 2023, 10:23 pm
by yowiedemon
Looks good. Is this stl. file available somewhere?

Re: goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: October 27th, 2023, 1:07 am
by b_0
No. I was considering posting it on thingiverse as a remix of the 4 models I used for it but that's not been a priority. The edit of the face and belt buckle was my first attempt at 3d sculpting. I'm not sure if I would continue working on it. After printing it the same size as battle masters goblins, I noticed that the stitches are too small and have too small of a profile to really paint; on the print at that scale it looks more like a scar than stitches. If I don't post it I think I'd need to gather the info of the 4 models to credit them if I were to give it to anyone.

Re: goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: October 27th, 2023, 1:39 am
by Kurgan
Cool, only thing is the possible weakness of the stick part. If that were made of wood or something and slotted in, instead?

Re: goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: October 27th, 2023, 2:51 am
by b_0
Kurgan wrote:Cool, only thing is the possible weakness of the stick part. If that were made of wood or something and slotted in, instead?

The weakness of that kind of part probably depends on the type of resin used. Some people mix a little bit (25%?) of siraya tenacious resin into regular resin to make things less brittle. I used water washable resin for the goblin standard bearer, which is more brittle than regular resin, and I haven't had a problem with that part yet. I'm not sure how to do what you suggest though, as I'm not skilled in 3d modelling.

Here are some images of the print primed:
Image
Image

I also started to try to draw a facial expression similar to one of the AHQ heroes onto someone's rough version of a dark world model:
Image

Re: goblin standard bearer

PostPosted: February 7th, 2024, 2:12 pm
by b_0
I managed to paint some of the stitches, but not as many as are in the model.
gsbp4.JPG

Image
Image