Page 1 of 1

my Battle Masters Unboxing (1992 edition)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2021, 12:17 am
by Kurgan
Here's the unboxing of my "almost complete," heavily used copy of Battle Masters (streamed live on twitch channel "HeroQuestFans" this evening) (Videos stay on twitch for 14 days, but are archived within an hour on youtube)

Youtube link!

If you missed my Hero Quest classic unboxing, check it out here.

Re: my Battle Masters Unboxing (1992 edition)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2021, 9:36 am
by Kurgan
Yes, I left out the Chaos Archers, those guys will get discussed in the follow-up. Missing parts are supposed to arrive Tues, but I may not have time to do a podcast until last Sat or Sunday since I'm going out of town this coming weekend.

Re: my Battle Masters Unboxing (1992 edition)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2021, 2:04 pm
by lestodante
I guess Battle Masters can be considered as a simple version of Warhammer by MB but I never played it. I own some of the figures and both versions of the dice but not a complete set to play.
I remember a couple of my friends had it and one of them gave me the Ogre as a gift (he was a bit forced to say the truth...) and I added it to my HeroQuest monsters as the Ogre Giant. It was probably the first addition to my set.

Re: my Battle Masters Unboxing (1992 edition)

PostPosted: October 17th, 2021, 2:15 pm
by Kurgan
Hmm... depending upon how many parts you have, maybe we could try doing a zoom game of Battlemasters. It would be tricky for me trying to record the battle mat (guess I could literally play it on my bed), unless I am visiting family/friends (or if you have the space and the mat you could do it). There's also the small version that fans have created, but that takes some of the fun out of it.

I see the fan made computer version uses giant spiders instead of giant wolves for goblins to ride. Warhammer spider-riders are kind of expensive, but I do have some plastic spiders that I could put goblins on... hmm, gives me an idea!

Anyway, think about it.