HQ Expansion Sculpts - Bob N

Posted:
October 3rd, 2017, 7:59 am
by Thantos
We are lacking some models for classic HQ. Like Orc Warlords, special Chaos Warriors etc.
Bob Naismith who worked on the original HQ sculpts as part of the GW team, has agreed to do us some new sculpts in a classic HQ style.
First up is an Orc Warlord. ( i made a mistake when I asked for this as the votes from you alls wanted a sir ragnar model first, will get him next though!)
Work In progress from Bob

Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 4th, 2017, 4:21 pm
by Spookyhappyfun
Is this really happening? I hope so!
Any one of those would be great!
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 4th, 2017, 5:43 pm
by Thor-in
Oh you nasty nasty man, how do you expect me to pick from that list.

. If I had my real choice I would have them all, but if I really had to pick one I guess it would have to be..........(thinking)..............(thinking some more) The Witch Lord.
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 3:13 am
by Geofonos
Sir Ragnar (wounded/ captured) - My vote goes here. The drawback is that you will be using him only once - for the Sir Ragnar quest - but having a miniature that is wounded/captured would be nice to be used also in quests where you meet a NPC within the dungeon. And he IS an iconic character of the game.
Ulag the Orc Warlord - Not really needed. You can mod an ordinary orc with a shield and an axe or give him a cape or a ponytail or something and use him as a boss.
Grak Orc Warlord - Not really needed. You can mod an ordinary orc with a shield and an axe or give him a cape or a ponytail or something and use him as a boss.
Wardoz, Zombie Wizard - Not something you see everyday. Mod a zombie with a staff instead of a cleaver and you're all set.
Balur, Fire Mage - Not really needed. A chaos sorcerer painted with red/orange/yellow colors would suffice.
The Witch Lord - A nice thought. You can have a witch lord of your own any day of the week, just mod a chaos sorcerer miniature with a couple of gargoyle wings or with some fancy attire like a scepter, a wand, better horns on his helmet etc.
Zargon / Morcar - Don't really think you need a sculpt for this one. You never place Zargon/Morcar on the table because if you kill him, you can't have any more quests so to speak. It is a nice touch, agreed, but I'd never use a miniature for him. Only good for display.
Well to be fair, I like modding my miniatures as you can clearly see, hence my reply. But Sir Ragnar is something you can't really mod, unless you use a hero miniature with a couple of arrows and wounds on him. Which again, would make him look like a hero again and not someone that is granted knighthood.
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 4:06 am
by knightkrawler
knightkrawler wrote:Zargon/Morcar? Why?
I'll elaborate.
Making a Z/M mini is borderline criminal because you take an unhealthy portion of suspense and mystery from the game and its story.
You don't have to hold my theory that Morcar is one of Mentor's schizophrenic personalities,
but come on... seriously? Why?
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 4:50 am
by mitchiemasha
knightkrawler wrote:knightkrawler wrote:Zargon/Morcar? Why?
I'll elaborate.
Making a Z/M mini is borderline criminal because you take an unhealthy portion of suspense and mystery from the game and its story.
You don't have to hold my theory that Morcar is one of Mentor's schizophrenic personalities,
but come on... seriously? Why?
This is exactly what i thought and was surprised to see votes. All those true to HeroQuest would know this. If anything it would be the very last miniature sculpted after endless research and once all possible ventures had been exhausted. End of the line. Enddays kind of stuff!!!
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 4:52 am
by mitchiemasha
I picked Witch lord but it was a hard choice. Sir Ragnar a very close second and only because i don't think he can make an as amazing looking model in his captured state. Still an essential for the collection just lacking the prowess you'd want to kick off some new sculpts.
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 5:25 am
by knightkrawler
I voted for Sir Ragnar because there is NOTHING in the miniature market that depicts a knight in chains or even similar.
ANYTHING else on the list is very easily replaced or built from bitz, in HeroQuest style no less.
Re: New HQ Style Sculpts - Poll

Posted:
October 5th, 2017, 5:39 am
by Geofonos
knightkrawler wrote:I voted for Sir Ragnar because there is NOTHING in the miniature market that depicts a knight in chains or even similar.
ANYTHING else on the list is very easily replaced or built from bitz, in HeroQuest style no less.
I voted for Sir Ragnar as well although I have seen this miniature in lestodante's blog.
It's probably custom sculpted but I think it's spot on!