Page 1 of 1
Remake the Game

Posted:
June 26th, 2016, 10:39 pm
by Nebion
I am working on reprinting many items (since some of my original pieces are falling a part, or just need upgrading.
What would people suggest with materials to use for:
Base Board: Need something that is durable, but can fold up
Cards: I want to use card stock, but there many types, and want make sure it prints nicely onto
Quest book: I feel normal paper doesn't make it worth it. I feel I should have it on different form, since it needs to last, and also keep nice look (was thinking of making into a book, instead of how it came as)
Wanted to see what other people thought was good material. I am looking to keep price down, but not cheap were falls apart in 2 years
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
June 26th, 2016, 11:37 pm
by mitchiemasha
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
June 29th, 2016, 9:35 am
by slev
"chipboard" in that video is also known as Greyboard.
I've made a number of boards with various numbers of folds. In fact, I'm shorly going to be making a folding version of my 40mm board.
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
February 14th, 2017, 7:58 pm
by Daedalus
Great link, mitchiemasha!
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
February 15th, 2017, 9:15 pm
by mitchiemasha
That was a strange experience.
Reading the OP... yeah I know the perfect video for this... Scroll down... beaten to it... wait a min... that was me.
I was always going to make some boards myself but I prefer using modular ones now. Laser print and stick on recycled game/food boxes etc. I really enjoyed playing HQ on the AHQ tiles.
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
February 16th, 2017, 1:09 pm
by cynthialee
I print room tiles on plain white printing paper then glue the paper to a cut out cereal box, trim the tile down and it rocks. You will fail the first few tiles due to learning curve issues. But once you nail the process down they come out really good.
For cards, I just print on business cards the ones with rounded edges.
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
February 16th, 2017, 2:38 pm
by mitchiemasha
Get a corner cutter, ebay, few £££. You'll put round edges on everything, just cos!!!
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
February 22nd, 2017, 5:46 am
by Big Bene
Affordable blanko boardgame materials: see
here.
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
September 29th, 2017, 1:22 pm
by Mattadlard
Vinyl banner is one option, cheap and easy just send them the copy of Mat.
Second option is MDF and a piano hinge glued to panels. Print off Maps on high quality paper glue on sheet of mdf and spray with a fixative.
Re: Remake the Game

Posted:
September 29th, 2017, 1:58 pm
by benvoliothefirst
As I get older and my eyes get worse, I'm considering printing out the Quest Books with the map one one 8.5x11 and the notes on a second, printed landscape, so that I can put 'em in a 3-ring binder. Makes the pages larger and they can be in sheet protectors so minor spills aren't as much of an issue. Now to figure out how to keep the binder propped open so it can serve as its own GM screen.