Page 1 of 1

Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: July 9th, 2018, 1:18 am
by DC1346
I sculpted my first humanoid figurine this afternoon. I decided to work on a dwarf because their short and stocky and are usually covered with armor. Since I wasn't using a fine grade sculpting clay, I wanted to work on a figure that didn't need as much fine detail. I decided to go with a dwarf and since I was short one figure in my Warhammer Chaos Knight collection, I decided to craft a dwarf chaos knight.

Here is what I came up with after about 12 hours of intermittent work.

Image

I don't know about you but when I look at this picture I think of the character Eric Cartman from South Park. I can almost hear him barking, "You will respect my auth-or-e-tay!" :lol:

Sculpting a dwarf was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be.

I started this project by crafting a wire frame but had to restart it three times. The biggest problem for me were the legs. I wanted the figure to be marching like the other Chaos Knights but dwarves have such short legs that sculpting a marching dwarf was really hard. I wound up creating a figure with one leg advanced in front of the other.

Here is a picture before I added the arms. To reduce the amount of clay needed, I used strips of aluminum foil to thicken the torso.
Image

To make sure that I was working to the proper scale size, I compared my model to the Hero Quest dwarf.

While most of the Chaos Knights have horns facing outwards and up, I was worried that sculpting such thin clay would cause one or both of the dwarf's horns to eventually break off. To avoid this problem, I gave him downward facing horns that arced down the side of his helmet.

Image

I think this was a credible first effort. I can see that I'm going to have to work on my anatomy skills as part of the sculpting process. I will also need better tools and a better quality of sculpting clay.

Re: Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: July 9th, 2018, 8:32 am
by knightkrawler
DC1346 wrote:I don't know about you but when I look at this picture I think of the character Eric Cartman from South Park. I can almost hear him barking, "You will respect my auth-or-e-tay!"


HaHAAH, I just wet myself. Once you said it, I'll never be able to unsee it. Awesome!

Re: Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: July 10th, 2018, 11:25 am
by Daedalus
Great job on the dwarf. |_P It looks like he's compensating with that base.

Re: Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 9:35 am
by cornixt
Classic Chaos Dwarf, it's great.

Re: Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: January 27th, 2021, 3:25 pm
by Smrize
Hahahah :D It looks soo cutee :D I hope there's more coming! :)

Re: Dwarf Chaos Knight

PostPosted: January 27th, 2021, 6:04 pm
by Kurgan
Adorable... in an evil way of course!