Page 1 of 1

Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 7:15 pm
by tallyho
My second post in 1 day.....nuts!
But anyway,this would be something to paint on banners, capes, shields etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FD1u1KMjWU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcdGHIgS3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDkKZMQhsg

Impressive indeed.

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 7:52 pm
by Jackyboy
just checked out the first link. Wow that looks great! I thought the first nail was good then I FF to near the end and suddenly the fellowship appears! absolutely fantastic :)

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 8:20 pm
by Goblin-King
Huh... nail art is a thing...
well, why not?

If I had a girlfriend I'd make her paint the evil shield symbol on her nails :D

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 1:58 am
by knightkrawler
I would do it to her nails myself, but I'd need some 2D practice before.

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 6:24 am
by Goblin-King
Yeah, I suppose it's actually quite hard to do your own nails. Especially the right hand.
The evil shield is quite simple though.

You think you can just use miniature paint and cover with clear polish?

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 9:05 am
by knightkrawler
As far as I know, nail painting is done with acrylics and varnish, so I guess with some trial and error a miniature painer could pull off some amazing things with the materials they have.
Think of your typical Dremel/Proxxon tool, too. It's what nail artist use in rose and pink and built in China, but basically the same thing.

by the way, I know I announced years ago that I'd have a HeroQuest tattoo and I did, two-and-a-half years ago,
but did I ever post a picture?
I ask now and here because it might be considered mildly on topic.

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 11:18 am
by Goblin-King
I don't remember that and I certainly don't remember seeing it! Slap it on the slab!

Also I would never have thought we'd have a thread about nail polish on this site! :lol:

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 11:39 am
by knightkrawler
It's just the three combat die symbols on the shoulder blade. Not worth showin you guys black hog hairs and filthy witch pimples in a picture.
By the way, tallyho, I just noticed the Frozen horror is your avatar.
How far up north in Norway do you live, exactly?

Re: Freehand (nail) art

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 12:49 pm
by tallyho
I live in southwest of Norway, Stavanger.. Not much frozen here now, about 7 + degree. I do miss the cold and snow.