Page 1 of 2

Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 12:00 pm
by The Road Warrior
Has anyone ever used it?

Just wondered as I'm considering getting some after finding this.

Image

Obviously not my mini

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 12:43 pm
by knightkrawler
Is this not achievable with regular colors? I mean 50 or 80 highlighting steps or something? How big is the mini?
Does look awesome, I'll give you that.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 12:44 pm
by chaoticprime
I could paint that with normal paint.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 3:08 pm
by Goblin-King
Yeah, I don't get it. What's the deal here? It looks pretty good, but normal.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 3:17 pm
by knightkrawler
IN THEORY, I know how to pull this off.
I see no color that used in there that doesn't look like normal acrylic paint, except for the facial slits (yeah, I wrote exactly that) where it looks a little metallic.
I could be wrong, though.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 3:20 pm
by The Road Warrior
Goblin-King wrote:Yeah, I don't get it. What's the deal here? It looks pretty good, but normal.


That's kind of what I'm asking, I know this can be done with normal paint. I never even realised you could get flourescent paints but this guy seems to use them. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them before I buy some to try.

Obviously I understand that this may be a side effect.

Image

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 3:57 pm
by chaoticprime
Buy a can of bright-as-hell yellow spraypaint and prime the *lemony goodness* out of the mini with it. Get a wide stencil-brush and drybrush on orange and then without cleaning the brush, some burgundy. Next, get a round stencil brush and drybrush on violet over the most saturated areas. Throw a dark blue drybrushing over the violet, and then start to increase the overall opacity with a feathering of light grey to white.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 4:04 pm
by Goblin-King
Is it like glow-in-the-dark or the kind where you have to use an UV lamp?

Regardless you are usually not viewing minis in the dark :S

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 5:31 pm
by torilen
I would think any major craft store would have glow-in the dark or blacklight paint.
I see what you're getting at - you want to find some reddish color glow-in-the-dark or
blacklight, so that it looks like real lava in the dark, right?

That would be COOL.

Re: Flourescent Paint

PostPosted: November 4th, 2013, 6:31 pm
by The Road Warrior
torilen wrote:...you want to find some reddish color glow-in-the-dark or
blacklight, so that it looks like real lava in the dark, right?

That would be COOL.

It would be but I don't often play HQ in the dark. ;)

I'm more curious if anyone has any experience of using it. The paints are by vallejo so I should be able to pick them up quite easily/cheaply. I think I'm going to stick them on the bottom of my very long wish list.