Page 1 of 1

Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 2:46 pm
by benvoliothefirst
This is brilliant and everyone here should be very excited!

They're thinking about making foldable furniture in the latest update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/room17games/tenfold-dungeon-modular-dungeon-crawling-terrain/posts/2407021?ref=activity

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 3:02 pm
by Thor-in
benvoliothefirst wrote:This is brilliant and everyone here should be very excited!

They're thinking about making foldable furniture in the latest update.


Yup, I quite enjoyed the 3D game board, especially the ability to put walls inside of the rooms to split them up.

Nice find. |_P

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 7th, 2019, 3:35 pm
by cornixt
It looks excellent. My only complaint is that the rooms are a bit too individual and not generic enough. I prefer to start with plain rooms and then dress them up with extras if needed, and these seem too identifiable from the start.

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 8th, 2019, 5:29 am
by Maurice76
While it does look like a nice and interesting effort, I do think the walls are way too high. Imagine sitting around the table with other players, each of them having to peek over the walls into the dungeon ... you are bound to miss stuff due to your perspective. I feel that walls like those shouldn't be higher than half the height of the smallest miniature. Such low walls should proxy for full height walls, sacrificing realism for playability, if you ask me. And it is going to work, too, since we've been proxying those white lines as full height walls for decades by now :P.

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 12th, 2019, 11:09 am
by benvoliothefirst
cornixt, sounds like they're going to make the individual corridors and rooms available separately later on, so you can get as many generics as you'd like.

Maurice76, valid concerns. Sounds like they're making the corridors only 40mm high for exactly that reason. I'd say that with the significantly larger rooms than we're used to, it won't be as much of an issue.

I just doubled my pledge because I want the sewer pack. Perfect for playing, "Into the Sewers!" C'mon guys, let's top this thing out!

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 12th, 2019, 12:04 pm
by Tott
i think the height of the wall is a valid concern, however, its massively outweighed by how bloody brilliant this is!

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 12th, 2019, 10:28 pm
by amishjoe
Already backed it!

Re: Tenfold Dungeon Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 15th, 2019, 12:15 pm
by benvoliothefirst