Page 1 of 3

Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 5:04 pm
by Jackyboy
Mantic have just let slip about their upcoming kickstarter of all things furniture! They haven't said much other than ...

TerrainCrate is a new range of pre-assembled, plastic dungeon, town and battlefield scenery that's ready to go right from the box and straight onto your tabletop. We'll have more details soon, so don't miss out!


You can sign up for a newsletter which will inform you of any and all developments over at :http://www.manticgames.com/terraincrate.html

This looks like it could be very interesting for Dungeon Saga and in turn HeroQuest |_P

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 8:08 am
by Thantos
Yea i spoke to them about it .. am a little annoyed that they timed it for exactly the same time as the Twisting Catacombs store release this month.. and then used the same font in their logo as Twisting Catacombs... and then picked a name that also abbreviates to "TC Scenery" which will wipe out our web presence with that keyword.. but at any rate .. im sure they are all just coincidences right
Maybe ill be more positive when when i see some nice sculpts or something..

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 10:34 am
by knightkrawler
Thantos wrote:Yea i spoke to them about it .. am a little annoyed that they timed it for exactly the same time as the Twisting Catacombs store release this month.. and then used the same font in their logo as Twisting Catacombs... and then picked a name that also abbreviates to "TC Scenery" which will wipe out our web presence with that keyword.. but at any rate .. im sure they are all just coincidences right
Maybe ill be more positive when when i see some nice sculpts or something..


Oh, I don't think so.
I'll lean far out the window and claim your quality will be very much better, especially AFTER their *lemony goodness* comes out and people see the Mantic way of Truth.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 5:30 pm
by ced1106
Well, it's also a coincidence that it's happening at the same time as Reaper's KS and Dwarven Forges! :|

Anyway, BoW video is up. Starts on 58min. If you *just* want HQ furniture and doors, might want to wait for MM to restock its Dungeon Saga sets. Reaper will have a Bones fireplace available after their KS3 ships to backers.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/searchre ... ngeon+saga


Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 2:38 am
by Jackyboy
oh Thantos I did not know all of this, what a shame!!

Some people say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...however in the world of business that is just lazy :( Although I like Mantic's products I agree with KnightKrawler that your furniture pieces are great quality

ced 1106 - I didn't know reaper had another ks planned. I missed out on their previous ks and the amount of booty you get for $100 is amazing!!! :) Thanks for letting me know |_P

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 3:01 am
by knightkrawler
Whoever thinks about getting the doors and furniture sets from Dungeon Saga...
Don't. You'll be disappointed.

I can say the following about the doors:
no detail, too smooth, too small.

I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",
then I'm gonna say "And you can clearly see why in all of their product I've ever seen and owned."

Cheapness is not what you wanna go for in this hobby.
We've seen in with the Reaper Bones line, and Mantic's 3D and miniature related stuff is no different.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 8:13 pm
by whitebeard
knightkrawler wrote:Whoever thinks about getting the doors and furniture sets from Dungeon Saga...
Don't. You'll be disappointed.

I can say the following about the doors:
no detail, too smooth, too small.

I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",
then I'm gonna say "And you can clearly see why in all of their product I've ever seen and owned."

Cheapness is not what you wanna go for in this hobby.
We've seen in with the Reaper Bones line, and Mantic's 3D and miniature related stuff is no different.


The Mantic guy seconds that!
hate.png


If I'm going to spend my time painting them, the models need to be good.

Thanos: Maybe the Terrain Crate ( what an uninspired name :lol:) will actually drive more business for you. You should advertise your stuff on Google (and those ads should be just cents per click through) whenever the search term Terrain Crate is used.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 3:10 am
by Big Bene
knightkrawler wrote:I have tried Mantic three times now, once in several different kinds of product, and if you're gonna say, "Well, they're cheap",
then I'm gonna say "And you can clearly see why in all of their product I've ever seen and owned."

Well, you can't deny their zombies and ghouls are great.
That's not much to say for a company, but still.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 6:19 am
by Thantos
Yea having seen more of the sculpts, im less fussed by Terrain Crate (i dunno, still feels like they picked two random words to force a TC acronym to me :| ) it doesn't look like they paid one of their decent sculptors to make many of those pieces.

If Mantic want to cover similar or the same terrain which we have already done before, that's fine. It's not like dungeon scenery is a new concept, there is competition aplenty already - i'll be happy to get 2% of what their sales get, since we have 2% as many mouths to feed here and about 2% of their running costs of mantic! xD
Will see if the TC (twisting catacombs) scenery store release this month gets some custom away from the mantic kickstarter, then see how it goes for the rest of the year :)

I just wish they wouldn't use the same TC abbreviation and same logo font as us... :roll: Oh well.

Re: Mantic's KS : Terrain Crate

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 8:27 am
by Anderas
Do it. Let google advertise there.
Their failure. You can deliver today, they will deliver in a year.

That should actually be the slogan. :)