Page 1 of 2

KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 1:43 pm
by QorDaq
Greetings Warriors,

Just saw this pop up on KS. It's another set of modular Dungeon Tiles for the table, this time with a simple, but pretty cool Egyptian theme. The tiles are from Lunesdargent Workshop, and the KS page can be found, HERE.

Either as inspiration, or to buy, the page is probably worth having a look.

maj!

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 2:42 pm
by Goblin-King
It's... nice...

But way to plain in my opinion. All the walls are the same and no details on the floor.
If this was one guy's DIY project I would be impressed, but for a KS this is really a bit lackluster.

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 2:06 pm
by QorDaq
I cannot really disagree there. As stated, if nothing else there could be some inspiration here. First thing I thought of was the Egyptian boards here at the inn. A crafty painter could do some interesting stuff to replicate that style.

maj!

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 3:34 pm
by knightkrawler
Another 25mm uninspired dungeon tile project? I'm actually amazed how people won't see that 25mm is completely outdated.

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 7:56 pm
by Wolf
Despite being 25mm it looks pretty good to me.

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 10:22 pm
by QorDaq
knightkrawler wrote:Another 25mm uninspired dungeon tile project? I'm actually amazed how people won't see that 25mm is completely outdated.


Disclaimer: This is my opinion only...

Probably because Dwarven Forge is still one of the premier ready-built systems on the market, so making anything DF-compatible isn't a terrible choice. But yeah, Stefan Pokorny, an awesome guy and fairly visionary, misread the scale changes taking place in the mid-90s, hence all of the 25mm terrain.

maj!

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 10:30 pm
by knightkrawler
It would also not be a terrible choice to just go and open up a, say, oneandahalfinches market for yourself and be the ruler of that market for quite some time.
Especially on the crowdfunding bandwagon.
I don't get how established and non-established companies alike don't see it.
Maybe I'm completely off and it's all too expensive in the making... but there's never even a hint of an attempt and it baffles me.

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 2:46 am
by Big Bene
I've been in many egyptian dungeons* in my life, and these doesn't look like the real thing at all.

*Not in the sense of "prison" but of "underground structure".

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 5:54 am
by Thantos
... sooon, sooooon ... 30mm plastic dungeon tiles will slay the outdated and cramped 25mm predecessors :twisted:

Re: KS - 3D Egyptian Themed Dungeon Tiles

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 6:26 am
by Goblin-King
knightkrawler wrote:It would also not be a terrible choice to just go and open up a, say, oneandahalfinches market for yourself and be the ruler of that market for quite some time.
Especially on the crowdfunding bandwagon.
I don't get how established and non-established companies alike don't see it.
Maybe I'm completely off and it's all too expensive in the making... but there's never even a hint of an attempt and it baffles me.

People want compatibility... It's as simple as that.