Page 1 of 1

Mantic's New reboot of Dreadball

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 5:41 am
by Jackyboy
Hi

Nothing to do with HeroQuest but I thought I'd share; Mantic are running a KS for their new Dreadball 2.0. The new rules and balancing of teams looks really good and is a way of getting the MVP players that aren't played with very often onto the pitch by making them captains for teams. There are similarities to BloodBowl with the game and I would like to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on the comparison of the two games. Which one do you prefer? :)

Here is the KS link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dreadball-the-futuristic-sports-game-2/description

Have a look at the artwork for the Sumo Alien dudes! :D

Re: Mantic's New reboot of Dreadball

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 10:50 am
by QorDaq
I saw this too. I was/ am somewhat interested as I missed the previous KS for the 1st Ed. However, it seems odd that there is already a 2nd edition? I know it's not unprecedented, seems there are a fair number of games coming out with refined new editions these days, however it also feels a bit like a new-ish game coming out with a 2nd edition already, sort of implies that the first one was a paid beta test.

Not knocking this game or the KS, just a little confused why this was needed. That said, if I had not just backed a big game (Massive Darkness), I'd still be, possibly, tempted.

maj!

Re: Mantic's New reboot of Dreadball

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 12:42 pm
by Goblin-King
Oh my... The theme is all over the place!

I realize with an entire galaxy there will be a lot of diversity, but space marines, orcs, skaven, robots, mars attacks, tron, zerg...
It doesn't exactly make the setting feel distinct.

Doesn't look bad though.

Re: Mantic's New reboot of Dreadball

PostPosted: August 1st, 2016, 11:08 am
by Jackyboy
@ QorDaq - I backed Massive Darkness too! I know what you mean by wallet is feeling the burn...but I can't say no to Mantic; really like their principles.

The 2nd edition is needed for sorting out the league system. Also as 26 teams are now out for the game over 6 seasons some of the teams have become overpowered. They are balancing this out and adding a couple of new stats to give more variety in team strategy. 6 seasons of developing the game will be written into one rulebook definitely one of the most important parts of the need to do a new edition. The is not a 2nd already out, perhaps it is the ultimate edition you saw.

@ Goblin King - I kind of like the variety one has when choosing which kind of characters to choose. I personally like the Orx and Verrmyn (Orc and Skaven) teams as they remind me more of Blood Bowl. The warpath universe which Dreadball is set in has some good fluff being written and is also home to Deadzone (my favourite game at the moment) - Have a look through the team addons at all the teams and tell me which team you'd play if you had to choose one :)

Mantic have just released a new pledge level for $160 with better value for money, including addons and extra miniatures :)

Re: Mantic's New reboot of Dreadball

PostPosted: August 7th, 2016, 2:02 am
by Jackyboy
since backing the Dreadball 2 KS I have been inspired to paint my Dreadball Xtreme miniatures. I have finished one of the convicts. Other than the trousers I am rather happy with the result. Starting to get the highlight alot better I feel
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d35gtuol9oq88tg/IMG_4726.JPG?dl=0

What do you think?