Page 1 of 6

Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 5th, 2016, 9:00 pm
by lucasdp
Subject says it all. There's a new TMNT game on Kickstarter, designed by the guy who did Descent, with art and input from Kevin Eastman.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/id ... the-past-b

I'm considering it...

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 4:06 am
by Goblin-King
I backed it for now just so I don't randomly forget about it again.
But I'm a little disappointed about the enemy selection. I hope they add a few more before the end.
The TMNT universe is so rich in characters, it's a shame not to use that.

I haven't been following the new series which this is based on though... Maybe they cleaned up a lot?

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 5:30 am
by Stairwell
Goblin-King wrote:I haven't been following the new series which this is based on though... Maybe they cleaned up a lot?


I read the first 10 or so issues of the series this is based on - it's pretty good, but from memory it's pretty clean... I would be fine with my 8yo reading it. The only reason I think I hadn't shown him was because I was checking it out first to make sure it was suitable and then I forgot about it lol. Nickelodeon is mentioned in the legal stuff inside the front covers from memory... I guess because of the cartoon that's (still?) on - but separate from this series - they didn't want to make the comic too full on in case kids picked it up idk...

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 6:00 am
by Goblin-King
By "cleaned up" I meant in the character gallery. TMNT has always had a LOT of characters. The reboot could be a chance to stay with a few main characters.

The Nickelodeon cartoons are actually pretty good. Some aspects of the animationstyle takes a little getting used to, but the stories are classic TMNT. The Shredder mythology is pretty good.
Unfortunately the new season is Turtles Goes to Space, and it's just not good... The original comics went to space pretty fast as well, but it felt very much like a coherent story.
The cartoon is just freak of the week-style and it blows.

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 1:32 pm
by lucasdp
Goblin-King wrote:I backed it for now just so I don't randomly forget about it again.
But I'm a little disappointed about the enemy selection. I hope they add a few more before the end.
The TMNT universe is so rich in characters, it's a shame not to use that.


Agreed. And they're literally adding and unlocking stretch goals everyday. I think we might see more added before it's all over.

It says they're going to post a video of the gameplay on Monday. I want to see how the "sharing dice" mechanic is going to work. If it's not too clumsy, then I think I'm in.

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 1:50 pm
by Goblin-King
I'm hoping for enough different miniatures to use them in other kinds of HQ-esque games.
If it's only turtles and some ninjas, it's too boring...

Gimme some Mausers, Baxter Stockman, Utroms, Triceratons and a handful of insane mutants.
A man can only dream... :D

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 2:23 pm
by lucasdp
I want Rocksteady and Bebop! :lol:

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 5:37 pm
by QorDaq
Soooo tempting... Arghhh.

Heh...

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 6th, 2016, 6:04 pm
by Goblin-King
lucasdp wrote:I want Rocksteady and Bebop! :lol:

Aren't they actually in the new comics?

Re: Ninja Turtles "sewer-crawler" on Kickstarter

PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 5:07 am
by Goblin-King
It seems like Bebob and Rocksteady are in fact in the new comics.
The video also showed a quick flash of a mouser.
Expectations rising.

However...
April and Casey are KS exclusive? BOOOOO! BOOOOO!
They are some of the most basic characters, if anything they should simply be part of the main box.
fraggle everybody not on board with the Kickstarter apparently!
Alternative old-school sculpts or pizza-box being KS exclusive. That is fair enough, but not freakin' main characters!
Kickstarters need to stop this evil practice.

I'm not gonna vote with my wallet though, so fraggle me for supporting this evil practice... :-/