Page 1 of 2

Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:08 pm
by Hero_Of_Retro
So.. i have from the 2nd edition to the 6th edition box set editions of Warhammer 40,000.
VIDEO:

:chaoswarrior:

And my Necromunda Collection. Box Set and quite a bit of other miniatures 95 to 97 era only.
VIDEO:

:gargoyle:

What prices should i ask for both the collections.. and would i be better of selling these individually. I have tried before on eBay and never managed to sell either at £300 each for these. One person asked me for £170 for all the necromunda stuff. But i didnt think that was a good price for it all. Saying that, it was at the beginning of December, and well.. Probably not the best time to do it. I no longer wish to have these collections, now with Zombicide, MYTH on the way, Dark World and Hero Quest. I am running out of space lol. :D I have never used these most of the time either. If i cant manage to sell these, i will even consider a swap for finishing a collection or so on. :D Thanks for the help folks. :D

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:12 pm
by Hero_Of_Retro
Also the video's do contain alot of random swearing. lol. They both are the whole collections and while i talk about how awesome they are, i do go overboard with excitement lol. Just incase anyone has a wee one in the same room. :D Sorry about that!

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:16 pm
by Goblin-King
If you NEED quick cash sell as collections.
If you are patient and just want the best prices, sell individually.

You are in luck as GW stopped supporting all their "specialist" games, such as Necromunda, a year or so ago.
That means you can't get the minis anymore, so a good chance to get decent prices for those.

I'd recommend selling individually and scouting eBay to compare prices.

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:21 pm
by Hero_Of_Retro
Ah, thanks. :) Thats a shame, i think the gangs in Necromunda will skyrocket, ive seen gangs go almost £100, but not really sure if they do sell well or not. :) I will have get notepad i think, they both are just collecting dust. :)

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:45 pm
by knightkrawler
What GK said. Also, search for relevant keywords on ebay, and click the option "ended auctions" or I don't know what it's called on ebay.co.uk, but you'll see what I mean if it's there.
Then you go for the green prices to see what sold for how much.

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2014, 6:50 pm
by Hero_Of_Retro
Nice. I never knew you could see the auctions after it ended. Great help that would be. :) Thanks again. :D

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2014, 4:53 pm
by Hero_Of_Retro
Started selling all the Necromunda miniatures separately on eBay, hope they go. I need the space! Plus they never get used. :P Not sure if they are either too high a starting price, too low. Just have to see. Hope they all go though. I want them gone. :P

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2014, 11:19 pm
by gootchute
That's quite the necromunda collection you have!

I recently bought a wyrd beastmaster with three rats still in the packaging for $20(US). I'd value that at over $500, and if I had that much money to spend on miniatures (plus the astronomical shipping) I'd consider buying them.

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 4:05 am
by Sjeng
Cool video's :D Always fun to see tidbits of a persons life (kitchen, your face!) I love sneak peeks.

Re: Looking for advice on selling these.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 4:58 am
by Hero_Of_Retro
lol. I dont usually like to do full face up shots.. i have a lisp aswell. Gotta make sure i don't break the camera! :P :) Alot of folk are watching all the necromunda gangs now.. much better idea doing everything separately. Going for almost the same price last time as well. One gang has 12 people following it already. Even some of the damaged miniatures.