Page 1 of 34

HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 10:49 am
by Endakil
Image


Maybe some of you have heard about it. Maybe some of you think it is only rumors. Well, HeroQuest 25th Anniversary is a reality with a Kickstarter begining on 21th November.

Let's explain some facts about this brand new HeroQuest reboot...

- It will be released by GameZone, a Spanish miniatures company (link to their web)
- GameZone got the rights from Hasbro for the distribution in Spain. BUT it will be released in English, French, German and Italian too.
- During 2014 a 25th anniversary edition will be available. From 2015 we'll got an standard HeroQuest Classic edition.
- Yes, there are expansion packs in the future.
- The board will be a reedition of the classic one, BUT there will be an outdoors version at its back (dual board: dungeon + wilderness).
- The 4 original heroes will be present as well as their female versions (8 heroes in total).
- All fornitures (including rocks and so) will be fully 3D models.
- Each monster will be different (that means 8 orcs = 8 fully different poses).
- New fornitures: +1 chest, +1 wardrobe, a pit, a mirror, a portal, a brand new rack with Damocle's sword, a 4x4 tiles jail...
- The cards will be new full color designs.
- Every single bit will be available as spares at GameZone online store.

Updated info can be found at GameZone's Twitter: https://twitter.com/GamezoneMiniatu


Image
Treasure and equipment cards

Image
New spell cards designs

Image
Orc WIP

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:37 am
by TMU
Yes, we have heard about this, there is a hole thread about this somewhere on the forum :)

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 11:46 am
by Patroclus
That’s some good news. About the minis they are looking great, about the quests I hope that the dual board means they will make new quests which is good for me, the artwork is very modern but no problem. Let’s hope they will keep the American rules and won’t change them... About the cost, with so many content, I am afraid it will be very high (about 150 euro minimum?) and if they don’t make some advertising on tv only those who know the game will buy it, but if they do and try to gain new customers this will be a hit for sure, don’t forget that it’s the best game ever…

So, let’s wish for the best…

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
by Sjeng
Endakil wrote:Let's explain some facts about this brand new HeroQuest reboot...

- It will be released by GameZone, a Spanish miniatures company (link to their web)
- GameZone got the rights from Hasbro for the distribution in Spain. BUT it will be released in English, French, German and Italian too.
- During 2014 a 25th anniversary edition will be available. From 2015 we'll got an standard HeroQuest Classic edition.
- Yes, there are expansion packs in the future.
- The board will be a reedition of the classic one, BUT there will be an outdoors version at its back (dual board: dungeon + wilderness).
- The 4 original heroes will be present as well as their female versions (8 heroes in total).
- All fornitures (including rocks and so) will be fully 3D models.
- Each monster will be different (that means 8 orcs = 8 fully different poses).
- New fornitures: +1 chest, +1 wardrobe, a pit, a mirror, a portal, a brand new rack with Damocle's sword, a 4x4 tiles jail...
- The cards will be new full color designs.
- Every single bit will be available as spares at GameZone online store.


Hi, and welcome! First off, I'm quite pleased HQ will be rereleased. Secondly: I hope you have someone do a THOROUGH spell check in English. (It's furniture, not forniture)
Now, personally, I like the classic minis a lot, and will probably keep using them. And if the price is too high, I might never even buy the new release. But let us see what happens. I'm pretty curious.

Thirdly: what is the difference between the 25th edition and classic release?
Fourth: how many monster miniatures will the game have? Exactly the same as the original?

Lastly: GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you will succeed, but I have no doubt you will have a very very succesfull KS. |_P

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 2:36 pm
by chaoticprime
I'll buy it. I don't like the designs of the monsters as much, but I love the card backs.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 2:51 pm
by knightkrawler
I must say I'm somewhat skeptical about the different translations. I'm interested in German and English versions.
But I wager I'll buy first and think later.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 3:11 pm
by chaoticprime
I want to design an expansion.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 3:28 pm
by knightkrawler
Do that, by all means.

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 5:31 pm
by The Road Warrior
chaoticprime wrote:I want to design an expansion.


I thought you were working on a Dwarf expansion?

Re: HeroQuest 25th anniversary crowdfunding!

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2013, 5:37 pm
by Patroclus
I want to see the quests the spells and to get new ideas. About the miniatures I don’t expect much because I have plenty of them(and I don’t expect something different than common orcs and goblins), but the furniture will be a good addon. Of course I am 100% sure that it won’t change anything from the way we’ve play and customize our game. The most important is that it could bring new guys to our forum and share more ideas. But I’ll support them hoping to see more expansions and new quests that could keep coming from time to time.