Page 1 of 1

HeroQuest: Barbarian Quest Pack - The Frozen Horror - USA

PostPosted: January 31st, 2012, 4:48 pm
by Infje
Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Johnny, aka Infje. A couple of months ago I bought Heroquest out of nostalgia. I didn't expect it would be such an hit with my friends. But we've already had 3 very succesful Heroquest nights. I've purchased most of the expansions in Dutch. However, I would really like to get the Barbarian Quest Pack which was only released in the USA. Unfortunately the prices on Ebay are ridiculous.

I know I can print lots of stuff myself, but I rather have a original copy. Is anybody selling it for an affordable price and willing to ship it to Holland? I understand that it won't be cheap but most prices on Ebay are 400 dollars and up. That's a bit too much for me.

Thanks,

Infje

Re: HeroQuest: Barbarian Quest Pack - The Frozen Horror - US

PostPosted: January 31st, 2012, 5:52 pm
by Goblin-King
Hi and welcome. Great to hear you and your friends like Hero Quest! :-)

Everybody in here would love to put their hands on an original "Frozen Horror". Fact is, your'e not gonna get it cheap off the Internet. Your best hope is to buy it from someone who doesn't know what it is, like at a garage sale or something. If you really really want it you might as well shell out. Sorry for being so blunt, but it's the sad truth.

Re: HeroQuest: Barbarian Quest Pack - The Frozen Horror - US

PostPosted: February 1st, 2012, 1:29 am
by Daedalus
drathe wrote:I see full sets go on eBay all the time. Trouble is, they always end up going for over $300US (often around $500). Unless there's a re-release at some point (doubtful) I can only see these prices remaining high. They do tend to hover around the $200-250US mark by September. Winter and Spring is always when they are highest.

Re: HeroQuest: Barbarian Quest Pack - The Frozen Horror - US

PostPosted: February 1st, 2012, 3:21 am
by Infje
Goblin-King wrote:Hi and welcome. Great to hear you and your friends like Hero Quest! :-)

Everybody in here would love to put their hands on an original "Frozen Horror". Fact is, your'e not gonna get it cheap off the Internet. Your best hope is to buy it from someone who doesn't know what it is, like at a garage sale or something. If you really really want it you might as well shell out. Sorry for being so blunt, but it's the sad truth.


Hello Goblin King :)

No reason to sugarcoat it. Now I know the situation. There won't be any change for me to pick it up at a garage here in Holland though ;)
I'll look into making it myself. Same goes for the Elf Pack I assume?

Daedalus: Thanks for the price update. I'll keep that in mind. 200 dollars, especially with the current course, is doable.

Re: HeroQuest: Barbarian Quest Pack - The Frozen Horror - US

PostPosted: February 1st, 2012, 8:49 am
by Goblin-King
Same goes for the Elf Pack indeed.