Page 1 of 3

Card Art

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 3:52 pm
by drathe
I'm looking for some artwork for both cards and card backs. Preferably in a similar style to the regular HeroQuest cards. Specifics described as needed. Use your skills and imagination otherwise.

Card Backs
  • Potions
  • Spell Scrolls
For my own games, I'd like to have these as separate card categories.

Card Images
Preferably in a monotone like classic HeroQuest card images. Can be done in ink or pencil (I can vector them later for my own use and style)

    Equipment
  • Canteen - an old wooden canteen used to store water
  • Spiked Gauntlets
  • Wooden Bucket - old wooden bucket with either a wooden or thin-wire handle
  • Empty Bottle/Jar - made of glass with a wide,corked mouth
    Artifacts
  • Tome of Sealing - ancient book filled with magical rites
  • Crypt Tools - old wooden toolbox filled with various metal tools
    Chaos Spells
  • Summon Bats
  • Summon Rats
  • Summon Zombies

Monster Images
Preferably in colour like classic HeroQuest monster card images. I will likely create icons based on the artwork to complement the cards.

  • Giant Bat
  • Giant Rat
  • Giant Spider
  • Snake

Potions
I would like to see some more potion bottles similar to the ones in the Alchemist's Shop from the North American expansions to use for various potions. As well as the following specific potions which may be designed like the potions from the treasure deck in monotone:

  • Tonic of Force - doubles the number of damage from a successful attack.
  • Glowing Pink Substance
  • Brew - a small cauldron of misty brew

No rush on any of the above requests. But I'm looking forward to see what the artist group's imagination comes up with for these.

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 5:41 pm
by Baylor_OgreBane
here's an idea for the scroll card
it quick but i can refine it further

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 8:01 pm
by Baylor_OgreBane
here is an idea for the giant bat.... :D

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 8:47 pm
by Baylor_OgreBane
and a snake the Robert E. Howard would have liked!

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 10:00 pm
by drathe
For quick drafts, those are great! The snake is amazing and the scrolls are exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

I'm hoping to have some time Tuesday to create the Artchives on the main Website for people to browse and download the images.

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 9:54 am
by gravaillon
The wooden bucket
Image

the cauldron
Image

the potions and flasks

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The spiked gauntlet

Image

Image

Personnaly I prefer the coloured cards... But I know that some players are purist... So I have made the two versions.
Tell me what you think about it... More will come...

Merry christmas drathe !

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 11:05 am
by Baylor_OgreBane
they are pretty cool, i like the gauntlet 8-)

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 11:35 am
by Baylor_OgreBane
heres an idea for the tome of sealing, or book stand, which ever!

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 11:51 am
by gravaillon
Baylor_OgreBane wrote:they are pretty cool, i like the gauntlet 8-)


You know what ? You can buy it for real ! :?
Image

Here's the shop with a lot of photos that can be great models for artwork making... ;)
http://elads.biz/leatherarmorarm.html

Re: Card Art

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 12:24 pm
by Baylor_OgreBane
thanks you :D
oh and 1 more thing.........
"LET THERE BE BATS! MAWHAHAHA"