Page 1 of 1

[NL] Spellenbeurs - Games con 7 & 8 Nov. 2015 Eindhoven

PostPosted: March 28th, 2015, 10:06 am
by Sinned
http://www.spellenspektakel.nl/

To quote myself from the 2013 & 2014 threads:
The first edition of this fair (the biggest in the Benelux) was in 1992. I was there, and I remember playing a demo of Darkworld and discovering the Star Wars RPG by WestEndGames (and getting some books).
Since then, I've been there every year....even in the years I didn't play any games/lost interest. Since it was in my hometown and was always fun I kept on going, even during the 'dark years' when Pokémon ruled the con.
Some years ago the con stopped, only to return in october 2012. Even though it was held in the same convention building, there weren't as many stands as there used to be. (maybe due to the crisis? the fact that this was the first con after many years?)
Regarding HQ: there were some main sets for sale (ranging from € 45-65). No expansions. HQ related games: Darkworld, some old GW mini sets.....all of these at the 2 second hand stands of course.
It was mostly new games that were played (and were for sale) varying from Flames of War, Lego games, kids games (from HABA), Descent, card games......

Re: [NL] Spellenbeurs - Games con 7 & 8 Nov. 2015 Eindhoven

PostPosted: August 5th, 2015, 5:27 pm
by Daedalus
I'm not in that part of the world, but I'm glad to hear the con has started back up and you are still attending. Good luck with getting something HQ going. I once got to play an HQ event at Gen Con when it was in Milwaukee, sometime in the late 90s. It would be great if you updated this thread or posted in Saturday Night Dungeon (or the Pub or something) with pics and stories for this year. That includes Imperial Assault, by the way.

Re: [NL] Spellenbeurs - Games con 7 & 8 Nov. 2015 Eindhoven

PostPosted: August 5th, 2015, 7:27 pm
by Decipher
Take lots and lots of pics whoever is going! |_P