• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby cynthialee » November 7th, 2021, 11:12 am

Fed-Ex does not deliver to everywhere like USPS does.

It is not uncommon for FedEx to work with USPS.

If you live in an area with a spotty FedEx fleet then expect the Postal Service to be called in to take it the last leg of the trip.

FedEx and the USPS have long had a working arraignment.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman
 
Posts: 1848
Images: 4
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 10:56 am
Location: the forests of Washington State
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kimarous » November 7th, 2021, 11:16 am

If one keeps him as an Orc at all.

I actually bought two sets because I wanted one set to be "art accurate" (roughly matching the artwork) and another for "whatever I felt like." In the Bard's case, I was going to paint him up as some manner of cursed King Graham of Daventry... at least so far as his clothing goes.

Also a "Devon Aidendale" (Quest for Glory guy) Wizard, Elsa ice-Warlock, Korra the Barbarian, and "Conquests of Camelot King Arthur" Sir Ragnar. But I digress.
User avatar
Kimarous

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 22
Joined: November 7th, 2020, 1:43 am
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Blayze » November 7th, 2021, 11:25 am

Kurgan wrote:So make the Warlock look like Gollum?


More Gul'dan than Gollum, really; menacing, clever and sane, but very clearly paid a heavy price for the power they chose to try and wield.
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy
 
Posts: 95
Joined: October 13th, 2020, 5:21 pm
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 7th, 2021, 12:04 pm

Ah, from World of Warcraft, I see what you mean. As much as I gave up on the franchise after Warcraft III (the classic version wasn't bad but I'm not one for subscription based MMOs), I did see the movie, and say whatever else you want about it, I thought the explanation of how the Orcs got crazy and green was pretty cool I thought.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 7th, 2021, 12:15 pm

They are factory sealed in Hasbro toys boxes so no need to worry or check all contents really because if anything was missing it would be a factory error in China, so once you have yours safely in hand you anxiety level plummets and you can smile again. I always will prefer and love the original, but I am glad I own two of the reboot, it is a very curious addition to my collection, and my worst fears about the changes made to the game seems to be minimal. I am grateful for the new quest books to read (so far I have only read prophecy of Telor) but overall besides the quibbles I have had about the art style direction, figure design and my utter disdain for the new character figures there is really nothing to complain about (that I haven't already.)
Bottom line I'm pleased with the product.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 7th, 2021, 12:20 pm

If someone feels like donating their Orc Bards, perhaps we can start a fund to create the ultimate Flying Dutchman of the Singing Orcs of Barbary... surely the most ruthless but merry band of pirates ever to sail the Sea of Claws. Then all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer 'er by... except the guns and steel, we need those... okay, so maybe a generous store of rum, salt pork, and lively wenches to go along... we can find the gold ourselves to make it worth the while... maybe a few more things... you never can tell!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Cael Darkhollow » November 7th, 2021, 8:14 pm

CONSUMER WARNING:
Watch out! those plastic trays holding the figures, furniture and what not are spring loaded. They have a ton of return to shape recoil. I tried to remove a rat and it popped out with such velocity that it launched across the room and I spent the next 27 minutes looking for it until I found it. DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM THE TRAY WITHOUT A HAND OVER IT. On the plus side figures and furniture snap right back in, on the negative side the figures are so flexible the scythes on a couple of skeletons and the weapons rack are warped from the tray and want to hold that pose.
The paper playing card sleeves are easily taken off with care and can be reused. I like the idea.
DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE CLEAR ROUND STICKERS SEALING THE BOXES you will tear your box art even with the most careful attempts. I know firsthand. Good thing I bought two. Cut them on the seam and leave them.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
User avatar
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 396
Images: 0
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby j_dean80 » November 7th, 2021, 10:46 pm

Shadzar wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:I just got 3 emails from 3 separate orders Saturday evening that “Your order has left the building!”


so you ordered 3 versions at 3 different times, and got an email for each order number? or it is 1 order number for 3 copies and got 3 emails for each package?


I placed 3 separate orders and got all 3 emails at the same time.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner


Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Wrote an article for the Blog. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin
 
Posts: 2412
Images: 30
Joined: December 6th, 2016, 2:48 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Xoxxala » November 8th, 2021, 12:58 am

Cael Darkhollow wrote:CONSUMER WARNING:
Watch out! those plastic trays holding the figures, furniture and what not are spring loaded. They have a ton of return to shape recoil. I tried to remove a rat and it popped out with such velocity that it launched across the room and I spent the next 27 minutes looking for it until I found it. DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM THE TRAY WITHOUT A HAND OVER IT.


Yep! The same exact thing happened to me. The rat launched itself out of the tray and disappeared out of sight. Took a long time to find! Those rats are small.
User avatar
Xoxxala

Zombie
Zombie
 
Posts: 32
Joined: September 20th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Heroquest remake by Hasbro - The BIG discussion thread

Postby Kurgan » November 8th, 2021, 12:58 am

Thanks for the update! Rulebook and Mythic tier quest books begging for a closer look if you need some ideas...


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie!
User avatar
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 7115
Images: 85
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:08 pm
Location: https://discord.gg/2R9pEP4cty
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests