Page 1 of 2

Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 7:02 pm
by ScooterinAB
I'm doing a quest and monster compilation, and I was looking for people's opinions.

I've looked over Phoenix's edit of Against the Ogre Horde, and noticed that the stats he settle on are quite different from those in Elf QP. Obviously, the higher stats would make AtOH just brutal, but it does create an inconsistent set of rules.

How should and Ogre be statted? Should they have 10 Body, as per the Elf QP, or are Phoenix's numbers a better match? If different stats are preferred, should the Elf QP Ogres be updated?

P.S. I'm already aware of the difference with the US and UK versions. There's just a lot more material available from Europe, and I'd like to incorporate it.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 2:46 am
by knightkrawler

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 12:45 pm
by ScooterinAB
Thanks. I must have missed both when I was looking.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 1:13 pm
by AerynB
I saw your post, ScooterinAB, but I really didn't know what to say since I've only played AtOH once and the EQP not at all. Part of me thinks the Ogre stats are fine in both quests, mostly because you would generally play the EQP after the AtOH pack and the Heroes would have even more equipment and potions. But now that I think about, 10 BP is a bit much. 7 or 8 might seem reasonable. Maybe. Possibly. I dunno. I guess I'd have to take a closer look at it, or finally play the EQP at the very least. ;)

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2013, 1:49 pm
by Fullork345
Has anyone tried ATOH with the EQP Ogre health points? I'm curious to how that would go.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2013, 1:59 pm
by chaoticprime
Fullork345 wrote:Has anyone tried ATOH with the EQP Ogre health points? I'm curious to how that would go.

Image

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2013, 3:41 pm
by Fullork345
Haha fair enough, I think I'll just use the variable health with the na rules for the other monsters.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 14th, 2013, 12:29 pm
by Fullork345
I was wondering because the earlier quests including kellers keep and witch lord are way to easy for tooled up heros.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 9th, 2018, 9:50 am
by wallydubbs
Fullork345 wrote:Has anyone tried ATOH with the EQP Ogre health points? I'm curious to how that would go.

I've playtested it, the heroes managed to get through the first quest, but all died in 2nd one, using most of their healing potions on the first 2 ogres.

In fact, I think everyone's better off playing the Elf Quest Pack with Ogre's using the stats from AtOH. It's more consistent and to compensate, I only give the heroes half the gold in the treasure chests. I mean, really 800 gold in one chest? This game was played expecting the heroes to die.

Re: Ogre stats for US?

PostPosted: November 9th, 2018, 11:00 am
by Anderas
That,
or expecting the heroes to spend all the money on mercenaries.

I mean.
Think of a Elf solo quest with one Elf. And 12 Mercenaries. :lol:

No seriously, I think they just didn't test the difficulty.