Page 1 of 1
It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Posted:
July 14th, 2009, 11:48 pm
by drathe
Crazy as it sounds, but in Quest 6, the Halls of Vision, my recent group got themselves into a pickle. They sealed themselves off with the Elf Passing Through Rock to venture forward to find an alternate route. In doing so, there was a door that was sealed from them left unopened. So they used Genie to open it and discover the contents of the room there after and realised they had one last chance before heading back to the iron door in failure, as the Elf moved on to the next Quest... alone. But the Elf fought valiantly and managed to figure out the puzzle (and just about doomed them all) and once again reunited with his comrades.
Re: It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Posted:
August 4th, 2009, 10:42 am
by xela_elf
Yup, I never thought I would waste my Genie spell to open a door, but in this case I actually needed to. I thought we were done with the quest but ended up being one of my favourite quests so far, having to really think about a strategy to re-unite with the other heroes and to actually complete the quest! A day for history, Genie opened a door!
Re: It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Posted:
September 29th, 2010, 10:22 pm
by Adrum99
I had a player use genie to open a door so a character could shoot inside the room with a bow. I believe the ranged attacker's movement roll came up short and he wasn't able to help out the heroes fighting in the room. I thought it was pretty smart playing. haha
Re: It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Posted:
March 17th, 2016, 11:59 am
by lucasdp
It surprises me every time, but one of my heroes, Miranda the Elf, almost always uses her Genie spell to open doors. It usually will happen after they've taken one fork in the journey and want to see what is in the rooms along the other path. Exploring from a distance, in a way, to determine if it may be worth doubling back.
Re: It actually happened... Genie opened a door!

Posted:
March 17th, 2016, 12:16 pm
by slev
I remember playtesting the HQR re-jig of all the quests. Somewhere in either Ogre Horde or Dark Company, there's a trap gargoyle (stone until triggered) next to a chest. Only the trap also drops a Stone Door. Which everyone failed to open after the Wizard was trapped, alone, with the Gargoyle. They actually used Genie to open the door as it was statistically safer!