Page 1 of 2

Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 1:45 pm
by Miksang
Anyone else notice how poor the quality is with the expansion tiles?

I found this for the return of the witch lord and kellar's keep... the tiles were very thin nothing at all like the ones in the original base game.

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 4:01 pm
by Sjeng
All I have is printed versions on cardboard. Very sturdy ;)

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 4:59 pm
by Goblin-King
I have some tiles in both sturdy and poor quality.
I don't find it to be a problem though. Perhaps if I had kids who played with them?

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2013, 5:05 pm
by Ethica
Yeah, they are different.

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 7th, 2013, 3:08 pm
by Daedalus
Same with the North American product. Thinner cardboard was used to cut cost.

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 6:27 pm
by ScooterinAB
I remember Kellar's Keep and Witch Lord's production qualities being on the lower end of things. Unfortunately, it's probably pretty common. On the bright side, the Barbarian and Elf QP's were quite a bit better.

As was hinted, a guy could always mount them on some matte board to add some strength.

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 9:00 pm
by FainFlynn
I was going to mount them, but was curious if a place like Staples of Kinkos could print them all on thicker card stock type paper. Anyone ever try this??

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: March 5th, 2015, 12:56 am
by the_nine_riders
FainFlynn wrote:I was going to mount them, but was curious if a place like Staples of Kinkos could print them all on thicker card stock type paper. Anyone ever try this??


I would think they could do it as long as they don't question the copyright. (In my experience they hardly do.)
I would say give it a try. I'm curious as to what thickness you are planning on using?

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: March 5th, 2015, 12:06 pm
by FainFlynn
I'm just trying to match the originals. Years ago at staples, they only had a flimsy card stock, not as thick as the original tiles.

I'll report back once I go.

Re: Poor quality tiles

PostPosted: March 29th, 2015, 11:56 am
by QorDaq
Yeah I was going to say that the tiles, though thinner than the offerings from the core set, are still at least as good if not better than the heavy card one can get at a comercial copier. That said, I have to say that I never had any actual problems with any of the tokens or tiles. They all worked very well regardless of thickness.

maj!