• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Casting plastics and taking names.

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Re: Casting plastics and taking names.

Postby FoeHammer » Sunday February 24th, 2013 1:06pm

I received some recasts from both billdask and Patroclus, and they are both amazing! Billdasks resin recasts have captured every bit of original detail. These flawless casts of the elven warrior, ogre, and giant wolf from the EQP all look great and once painted there is no way you will be able to tell the difference from the original.
And the metal casts that Patroclus is offering, wow they are fantastic also! Although they don't quite capture some of the finer detail, the bright sheen and weighted heft of his metal casts is really something. They FEEL so great and the weight of them on the board is a nice addition. I received a ogre, necromancer and orc shaman in metal and I love them.
Also both billdask and Patroclus shipped them to me here in the US from Greece and they arrived quickly and well packaged.

Anyways, I wanted to share my experience I had with these guys and there great recasts, they are doing a great service for the HQ community!
Big Guns never rest.
FoeHammer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby bastianbux » Friday March 1st, 2013 3:39am

16 pages in... I know that this is posted somewhere in here, but for those of us not so keen on reading all 16 pages of posts: might I suggest that the OP edit his original post to include which figures he's offering and for how much and how to buy them and such? :D

I'll eventually need to buy the extra figures to play the new quests (I will just be printing out the the tiles and cards rather than buying the Quest Packs because of how expensive the Quest Packs are) but I'll need the figures, of course, so if the OP is offering the full set of figures from the Elf Quest Pack for instance, I'm sure it's more cost effective to buy his replicas so I'd like to know how to go about doing that. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Friday March 1st, 2013 9:45am

Last edited by Patroclus on Wednesday June 25th, 2014 11:08am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby billdask » Friday March 1st, 2013 6:04pm

bastianbux wrote:16 pages in... I know that this is posted somewhere in here, but for those of us not so keen on reading all 16 pages of posts: might I suggest that the OP edit his original post to include which figures he's offering and for how much and how to buy them and such? :D

I'll eventually need to buy the extra figures to play the new quests (I will just be printing out the the tiles and cards rather than buying the Quest Packs because of how expensive the Quest Packs are) but I'll need the figures, of course, so if the OP is offering the full set of figures from the Elf Quest Pack for instance, I'm sure it's more cost effective to buy his replicas so I'd like to know how to go about doing that. :D

Mine Elf Pack is not complete yet, currently I have the Ogre, the Elven Warrior and the Giant Wolf made with resin. Soon I'll have the Female Elf ready, so stay tuned.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
billdask

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 2:35pm

Patroclus - those mini's are BEAUTIFUL in pewter. Are you making those? Or did you get them from
somewhere?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby billdask » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 3:44pm

I reproduced the Female Elf.
The following image shows the minis that I currently have and offered on ebay.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
billdask

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Patroclus » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 6:40pm

torilen wrote:Patroclus - those mini's are BEAUTIFUL in pewter. Are you making those? Or did you get them from
somewhere?

Thanks torilen, yes I’ve made them. They are highly recommended if you have kids and you afraid to give them the rare pieces. The pewter is unbreakable. But I think I won’t keep doing this for too long. Molds have limited life time and the selling in these prices I can offer is very difficult. It is impossible to get back the money I have spend but at least I’ve a pewter copy to play with my kids when they will grow enough. :)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Patroclus

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » Saturday March 2nd, 2013 6:44pm

billdask wrote:I reproduced the Female Elf.

I can't find em on eBay.....do you have a link?
Author of the books Star Wars Interviews Volume I and II.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com; an archive of the 180+ interviews I did with cast & crew
Editor of StarWarsAwakens.nl; the Dutch Star Wars community
Editor of TheMandalorian.net; the worlds largest community of The Mandalorian TV series

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby billdask » Sunday March 3rd, 2013 6:41am

Sinned wrote:
billdask wrote:I reproduced the Female Elf.

I can't find em on eBay.....do you have a link?

The pack is already sold, that's why you can't find it.
link:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271164983606?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Rewards:
billdask

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » Sunday March 3rd, 2013 11:46am

billdask wrote:The pack is already sold, that's why you can't find it.
link:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271164983606?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Next time you have the EQP & BQP minis for sale: please send me a PM/mail. I'm interested. (except for the ogres, as I already have those). Your recasts are amazing. |_P
Author of the books Star Wars Interviews Volume I and II.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com; an archive of the 180+ interviews I did with cast & crew
Editor of StarWarsAwakens.nl; the Dutch Star Wars community
Editor of TheMandalorian.net; the worlds largest community of The Mandalorian TV series

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ye Olde Market